We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in San Diego and a proper cuppa?

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in San Diego and a proper cuppa?

We are coming to San Diego in August for a week and staying in the Mission Beach area. My British in laws are meat and potatoes type of people, nothing too ethnic, basically English food. Does anyone have any good recommendations anywhere in San Diego.

Also, anyplace to get a proper cup (or pot) of tea?

Thanks.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,294 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in San Diego and a proper cuppa?

First of all , I am not sure you realize that you posted this question in the Los Angeles forum NOT SanDiego. There are many plain meat and potatoes places. In fact we have several English Pubs.

Try www.princesspubandgrille.com and www.shakespearepub.com

These are both on India Street.

There are also "steak" houses which also serve other grilled meats like Donovan's(noview but good food) Ruths Chris, and many more. Try googling sign on san diego restaurants an dthey will show all neighborhoods and all types of food.

The Horton Grand Hotel and the Westgate Hotel(both downtown ) actually have a lovely "afternoon tea". There is a place called Infusions of Tea in the Costa Verde Mall on Genesee that serves a variety of loose tea in pots and the Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park has tea as well. The local coffe houses all serve tea as well but I am afraid it won't be done in the "proper"English way.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in San Diego and a proper cuppa?

I had not realized but thank yuo for your suggestions, this is exactly what I was looking for.

3. Re: Restaurants in San Diego and a proper cuppa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 15, 2009