We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good/safe location?

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Good/safe location?

Hi,

My husband and I will be in Los Angeles from 2-5 May. Was originally going to stay at the London due to location and recommendations but due to being away for 3 weeks I thought it might be handy having an apartment where I can wash some bits along the way. Anyway does this apartment look in a good/safe location for 1st time visitors to LA or should just stick with the London:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/525894

Thanks

Emma

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good/safe location?

Yes, that's a good location, only several hundred feet from where The London is.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
30,016 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good/safe location?

Yes, grab this rental!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,495 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good/safe location?

Another 'yes' vote. Come by for tea!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
20,460 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good/safe location?

Did anyone notice the picture of the building? It's a converted storage shed. I would bet it isn't fire coded or permitted as a guest rental, either. Ask the owner if there is a certificate of occupancy, which will indicate if the "guest house" is legal. Otherwise, make sure there are working smoke detectors and a back entrance. If you are comfortable with the answers, go ahead.

5. Re: Good/safe location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 12, 2014