We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinco De Mayo 2013

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
Cinco De Mayo 2013

I am looking for great family (kid) friendly places to celebrate Cinco De Mayo 2013. I will traveling with my four year old daughter and my husband so bars are out of the question :) I would love to here about any celebrations in the Los Angeles area. Thank you!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cinco De Mayo 2013

This will get you started...

latimes.com/features/…4591196.story

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,941 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cinco De Mayo 2013

Those walking tours sound great, here is one a bit closer to Anaheim you might look into as well.

http://www.oldtownorangewalkingfoodtours.com/

There is also a huge Cinco de Mayo event at La Palma Park, 10 minutes from Disneyland on May 4-5.

miniondas.com/anaheim-cinco-de-mayo-fiesta-m…

Here is almost every Cinco de Mayo festival in the state.

seek4free.com/cms/en/events/325-cinco-de-may…

Olvera Street might be the most fun because it is where Los Angeles was born, but you do have options.

Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cinco De Mayo 2013

Thank you all so much, very helpful info :)

WE are staying in Anaheim but do want to go to Universal Studios too, which I believe is quite a distance from there as we don't have a car would we be best booking a tour for the 5 of us, to go for the day or public transport or shuttle service? Hope to get front of line passes too, which I was told we can only get at the gate, is this the case? TIA

Seattle, Washington
13 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Cinco De Mayo 2013

I can’t praise Casa Sánchez quite enough. They surely will have everything you are looking for celebrating Cinco de Mayo. The mariachi show is super fun – as someone who has traveled extensively through Mexico, I can tell the difference between the sort of cheesy, somewhat-patronizing portrayal of mariachis you might find elsewhere and what Casa Sánchez will offer you. The dance show is equally original. Seafood is amazing: everything is fresh, nicely seasoned and carefully prepared. The location could be better, but the interior decoration, the environment, and the spectacular food compensate that. And the best part is that this place is perfect for families. I had the feeling the pay particular attention to not letting customers go to hard on the sangria (specially young folks). They really try to keep this place with a family-friendly atmosphere so everybody can enjoy. This is a safe bet, you can trust me.

15. Re: Cinco De Mayo 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 28, 2014