We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX Question

NY, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
LAX Question

I am flying through LAX this Sunday the 24th and have a 3 hour layover. My flight lands at 1:40pm and then next leg leaves at 5pm. I have a local friend who's meeting at the airport so we can hang out for a bit before my next flight. My luggage will be checked through, so I don't have to deal with anything, just walk off the plane and hopefully into his car. My question is if anyone can guide me on how long I can safely be out of the airport, but still make my flight. I'm using my AA miles and flying first class, and not sure if there's a priority security line there. (I've been stuck in major security lines their in the past, so don't want to chance anything.) The sites I've checked say anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 to 2 hours- but they all say it can depend on the day and time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, right now I'm leaning towards returning around 3:45.

Thank you!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: LAX Question

Alas, take out doesn't work for the Margarita's ;)

If you can get out of the airport, IMHO, that is always a good thing, the offerings at the airport are usually over priced and not that good.

Maybe check out the Encounter Restaurant in at LAX (seperate building) if you don't want to go too far, alas, it does come with the higher prices...

http://www.encounterlax.com/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
879 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: LAX Question

Flying first class on AA allow you to bring one guest to its Admiralty Lounge for no extra charge, unless your next leg is flying to Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean. It is located in Terminal 4. The Admiralty Lounge is a good option if you are concerned with time.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,080 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: LAX Question

Did you mean Admirals Club, the name of the AA operated lounge?

The lounge is located airside (after security). An unticketed person (say friend of the OP) cannot access that part of the airport without a valid plane ticket.

>>>Flying first class on AA allow you to bring one guest to its Admiralty Lounge for no extra charge,

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
879 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: LAX Question

Sorry, I meant Admirals Club. Sammy is right, now comes to think of it, if the guest is not ticketed he/ she wouldn't be able to enter that area.

NY, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: LAX Question

Thanks again all- these suggestions are great. I will make sure my friend knows how close Paco's is. I'm not actually sure we're even going to eat, just will be nice to take a break and see my friend for a bit. (If there can be a margarita or two before the next flight all the better!)

And @Sutter, if you lived in NYC you'd know that good Mexican is worth a trip outside the airport- any airport ;)

16. Re: LAX Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 22, 2014