We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda Hotel El Segundo - Help Please!

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Hacienda Hotel El Segundo - Help Please!

Hope you can help me, I'm staying at the Hacienda Hotel for 2 nights in June because my tour starts from there, I've been reading the reviews on here and I've never found such mixed reviews about a hotel! can you help me? what is it really like?

Am ok with basic as long as its clean and with a/c, would appreciate the truth!

Thanks!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,466 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo - Help Please!

I doubt any of us have stayed there, so I would rely on the most recent reviews. Maybe someone here lives in the neighborhood and can tell you what it looks like from the outside?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,540 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo - Help Please!

It's an economy hotel -- one of the least expensive in the LAX area. I have not stayed there personally but colleagues have. If you're looking for something with a little style,this isn't it. It is on a commercial road with local retail that isn't very interesting, adjacent to LAX. On the plus side, it's a 10-20 minute drive to the various beaches nearby.

Keep in mind that this is the least expensive 3-star hotel in the area (average price: $103/night). The next most expensive 3-star hotel is the Summerfield Suites with an average price of $152.

BTW, the star-rating does not describe the attractiveness or condition of the hotel; it describes the AMOUNT of AMENITIES in the hotel (restaurant, pool, rtoom service, etc).

The Summerfield Suites does get CONSISENTLY high marks!

Here's a link:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32341-d217231-…

If you click on the blue QUICK CHECK button, you'll find offers as low as $139 per night.

Good luck!

CA
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo - Help Please!

We stayed there once. They have a parking package for LAX. You can leave your car there if you spend the night. Not a place I'd want to spend a vacation at, but OK. The rooms were basic but clean - Mexican hacienda style furniture. Not the best sound insulation. The lobby/halls were kind of dark. There were a lot of flight crews that stayed there due to the proximity to the airport.

It's fine if you just need a place to sleep. I'd stay again if I need to fly out of LAX early AM.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo - Help Please!

As hopskipjump already mentioned, it's an economy hotel where you can get a hotel room for $79/night including free shuttle to/from airport. El Segundo is a nice area, esp the old downtown El Segundo. It's also right next to the community of Manhattan Beach which is an upscale neighborhood. I also agree with the Summerfield Suites. Some of my business collegues from out of town would stay there and all gave positive feedback of it. Plus they have Mon-Thursday complimentary Happy Hours and BBQs.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,088 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo - Help Please!

I've had friends stay there a couple of times over the years. It seemed like a very basic place to stay. My impression was the location was lousy if you intend to visit the city and see the sights. I'm sure it creates a poor impression of the city, not because the place is of poor quality. But, the location is so inconvenient to everything except LAX.

Seems like a penny wise, pound foolish place to stay. Just my opinion.

Englefield Green...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo - Help Please!

I stayed there for 2 weeks in September 2003 and can perhaps explain some of the mixed reviews.

I was initially allocated a smoking room over looking the pool. It was in quite a poor state, the decor and furniture was really old and tatty, there were ants in the room and *everything* smelt of stale cigarette smoke.

So I asked to be moved after the first night and was allocated a non-smoking room which was not by the pool. This room was a completely different experience. It had obviously been fairly recently refurbished and all the furniture was quite new, the room smelt fresh, no ants! I was perfectly happy with that room for the 2 weeks.

From reading the more recent reviews, it sounds like they may still not have refurbished the rooms by the pool, so make sure you get a refurbished room and if you're not happy with the room you get, ask to be moved.

7. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo - Help Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, August 12, 2009