We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations please!

Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations please!

We are departing out of LAX after some time south of the area and are looking for a good spot to spend a night or two before our flight home. We want to go to The Grove (girls want to go to the American Girl store) as well as the Science Center downtown. Travel mates of ours are likely to hit Hollywood and Rodeo, etc but we will all have vehicle rentals. Looking for family friendly :)

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,196 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations please!

Stay either in Hollywood or near the Grove. You haven't given us a price-range or star-rating so here are some general recs:

In Hollywood:

1.5-star: Orchid Suites

2-star: Holiday Inn Express Hollywood Walk of Fame Hotel

3-star: Magic Castle Hotel

4-star: Loews Hollywood

Near the Grove:

2-star: Beverly Laurel Hotel

3-star: Farmer's Daughter Hotel

3.5-star: Orlando Hotel or Elan Hotel

4-star: Le Sofitel Hotel

Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations please!

Thank you for the many suggestions! I will look them over this evening.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations please!

I think the area near The Grove is a ideal and will make a better impression than Hollywood.

Take a look at Culver City. The Culver Hotel in the downtown is nifty.

I like this B&B in Culver City.

Another neighborhood to take a look at is Little Tokyo. This is a lively and compact area in downtown near the Civic Center and Olvera Street/Union Station. I like the Miyako Hotel.

There's also a new Doubletree.

The Science Center is located south of downtown near USC. Check out the Science Center's parking lot. Very well done. Also, the Natural History Museum has a new dinosaur exhibit.

Lastly, if you're coming all this way from Alberta, I really think you ought to check out The Getty one morning and have lunch on the patio.

You might also want to take a quick look at the statue of Gretzky outside Staples Center.

Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations please!

Thanks Hitch! We have been to southern CA a few times but haven't done much with the kids in LA. Now that they are getting older they are finding visiting museums more interesting and The Getty would be a great addition that I hadn't considered!

Thank you for your suggestions!

P.s. Seen Gretzky in real life a few times; we can pass on the statue ;)

5. Re: Hotel recommendations please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2014
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question