We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best local for a apartment/condo rental in LA 7 nights

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Best local for a apartment/condo rental in LA 7 nights

Hi All

we will be arriving into LA 8 april for 7 nights till 15 april. We do business and some pleasure. Our business requires us driving a lot on the freeways to all the greater parts of areas outside of LA, west south and north!

We usually stay in a hotel near airport as we are on the road a lot and not fussed about sights

However this time we 7 have nights straight and I started thinking the space of a 1 bed apartment in a nice safe central location with lots of cafes etc within walking would be nice

Priorities are:

1 Easy access to freeways as we spend a lot of time on them!

2 Safe location. Not near clubs but would be nice to have cafes bars etc in walking proximity.

3 parking included. we will have a hire care

4 not fussed on the area as long as it meets all these requirements.

We have previously stayed in Santa Monica so probably not there again as its nice to experience another location

Anyone have thoughts suggestions on location i should seek?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best local for a apartment/condo rental in LA 7 nights

The address you gave in your other post on Crescent drive is a really good location except for being not quite close to the freeways. An alternative might be somewhere like Westwood near UCLA - close to the freeways and lots of restaurants etc. nearby in the Westwood village adjacent to UCLA.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best local for a apartment/condo rental in LA 7 nights

OK, here are a couple I can think I can think off matching up with an Extended Stay/Apartment Style Hotel, central and near freeways.

The Orchid Suites is a good low cost basic option, kitchen or kitchenette in each room, free breakfast, and parking is $10 per day.

Right off the 101 freeway near the corner of Hollywood and Highland in the Hollywood area of the city of LA, and near the Downtown area. plenty of freeways are with a few miles of the location. Also plenty of restaurants and places to eat, and within walking distance if you want to go out for Dinner and a drink. I like the Pig 'n Whistle in the area, and there are many more options.

Another area with great freeway access, and multiple options is south of Los Angeles, but still in the Greater Los Angles area, aka Southland. And that is the Anaheim/Garden Grove city of Orange area in the Northern area of Orange County. The Hotels are close to I-5 and many other freeways, many with carpool lanes (just need 2 or more people in a vehicle).

Extended Stay Hotels options have many Hotels in the area that offer it, the cheapest is the Extended Stay America across from the Anaheim GardenWalk Shoppertainment mall. Basic, but recently remodeled with a Kitchen, and a very basic free breakfast.

Other options in the area include the Residence Inn chain, Homewood Suites, Staybridge Suites and much more. Also a couple of independents places, basically converted Apartment complexs, such as the Pepper Tree. All these options are near a lot of cafes and restaurants within walking distance.

Another option, if you don't need a kitchen, the small regional chain, Ayres Hotel has 2 locations in the area. Tends to be at the top of the TA rating lists for what ever city they are in. No kitchen in the room, but a small fridge and microwav, along with a bar sink next to them. They also have an amazing free breakfast including cooked to order items. Very reasonably prices. One is in Anaheim off the 57 freeway, the other in Orange, just off the I-5 freeway.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g29092-Anaheim_Califo…

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32420-Garden_Grove_C…

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32825-Orange_Califor…

As for parking in the area, the Ayres Hotels are free, and many of the other options mentioned also offer free parking, some options, like the Homewood Garden Grove does charge about $10 a day for parking. Also once again, lots of cafes and restaurants within walking distance.

I recommend you use something like Google Maps and look at the locations you plan to visit during your visit, and see if either location works for you, maybe one, maybe both.

Since you want central, I would avoid the beach locations, as they are on the edge of the area.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best local for a apartment/condo rental in LA 7 nights

Darkbeer and Mach

thanks for replies

Yes I was planning on avoiding beach for the reasons you stated.

This is business, but we will have some down time so being central to a nice local would be good

Mach the thing that concerns me about my other place you mentioned being nice was you mentioned not great access to freeways. We will spend a lot of time in the car so thats most likely the number 1 priority !

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best local for a apartment/condo rental in LA 7 nights

Burbank might be a good area. Near major freeways but not too congested. Many restaurants. There are several suites/extended stay options:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32123-Burbank_Califo…

5. Re: Best local for a apartment/condo rental in LA 7 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 10, 2014