1) My sister (17), myself (19) and my dad are planning to go to LA from New Zealand in February 2014! Is this a good time to go re: weather and school holidays etc??
2) Also, we are wanting to do 1 or 2 days at Disneyland and i have heard it is best to stay in a hotel in Anaheim for those days and then stay in a different hotel closer to the city.. is this a good idea or not worth the hassle of switching hotels?
3) Other attractions we are wanting to see include Universal Studios, Warner Bros, Wax Museum, Hollywood Sign, Rodeo Drive, Walk of Fame, The Grove, and just other tourist things so was wondering the best area to stay is? We are not planning on hiring a car as dad thinks driving on the opposite side of the road will be too confusing and parking is expensive. Is the public transport easy enough and reliable and does it go to most of these places? We dont mind walking abit if needed.
4) we are not planning on doing any of the movie stars homes tours but my sister really wants to google some addresses and just wonder around their neighbourhoods in the hope of seeing their mansions.. Is this possible?
5) We have noo idea where the best place is to stay! My sister is desperate to stay in West Hollywood or Beverley Hills because she thinks alot of celebrities hang around there so if we stay in the area, she might see one? what do ya think?
- Not really interested in staying in Santa Monica but do plan to spend a day or two there!
- What place is the most central ( if there is one)? Hollywood? Burbank? My dad is very worried about the crime so has to be somewhere safe!
6) We also want to attend a TV taping... Maybe Ellen? and i know that is filmed in Burbank so is it easy to get from Beverley Hills/Hollywood/WesHollywood to Burbank?
7) Also, Cant wait to walk down Rodeo Drive! Are we actually allowed to go into some of the shops e.g Louis Vuitton? Of course we cannot afford to buy anything but would be interesting to see!
8) I am most excited for the attractions etc, My sister is most excited for seeing celebrities and my dad cant wait to see the flash cars!
9) Also, when the best time to buy flights/hotel? Our trip is a year away but want to be very prepared!
Any help and advice would be SOOO appreciated! As you can tell, we really have no idea about anything! We need all the advice we can get! I have been researching info for days and am still confused!
Thankyou so much for your time in advance!!!