We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles Sight Seeing Tours

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Los Angeles Sight Seeing Tours

We will be in LA area from 21 to 26 June. Thought about splitting time between LA (Hollywood/Beverly Hills area) & The Beaches? Definitely wanting to see Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Venice, Newport etc before driving to San Francisco ( taking further 2 nights ). During this time we would go to Universal Studios, do a Studio Tour & would like to do a full day sightseeing tour encompassing homes, beaches, rodeo dr, etc Would also like to take in a live taping of a show ( maybe Ellen ) ! Travelling party of 3 - myself hubby & 19 year old daughter! Any ideas on best places to stay to minimise driving & reputable Sight Seeing Companys. Budget is $200 / night inc taxes & we will have a rental car !

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Angeles Sight Seeing Tours

Yes, the Hollywood and Highland area in Hollywood is a great option, let alone lots within walking distance, such as the Dolby Theater, the TCL Chinese Theater, the walk of fame (aka stars) and wax museums. The Starline Tour Company is located in at the corner, the largest Tour Company in LA. Also the LA Metro Red Line Subway has a station at the corner. Easy trip to Universal Studios.

At your price point, the Orchid Suites should match up, Free Parking, Free WiFi, Free Breakfast, and the rooms are large and come with a Kitchen or Kitchenette... near the corner of Hollywood and Highland.

http://www.orchidsuites.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d77270-R…

www.starlinetours.com

www.citypass.com/hollywood

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,077 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Angeles Sight Seeing Tours

I would visit Santa Barbara on the way to San Francisco; you have to drive past it anyway! Perhaps do that on your final LA day.

I am assuming you will have a car? If so, you can visit Santa Monica and Venice very easily without having to move to the beach. However, if you want to spend any time in Orange County (where Newport Beach is located), I would recommend you spend a night near there. In addition to Newport Beach, there is lovely Laguna Beach and Huntington Beach. I think you will like them a lot.

3. Re: Los Angeles Sight Seeing Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, January 29, 2013
4. Re: Los Angeles Sight Seeing Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014