We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California Science Center - how to get there?

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
California Science Center - how to get there?

Hi!

I will be staying at Santa Monica. What is the best way to get to the California Science Center?

Is it possible by public transport? If not, how much would it cost to get there by cab.

Many thanks

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: California Science Center - how to get there?

From downtown Santa Monica, you can use Santa Monica Big Blue Bus #20 (www.bigbluebus.com) to reach one of the stations for the Expo Line light rail train. Take the train towards the 7th street Metro Center. The train stops across the street from the museum - the correct stop for the science center is announced on the train's PA system. a taxi is probably going to be $55'ish each way.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,579 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: California Science Center - how to get there?

Santa Monica is fairly large and we need your exact starting point. Where, exactly, are you staying? If it's the Travelodge or anything on that side of SM, the above directions won't help you at all.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,431 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: California Science Center - how to get there?

We took the train recently. It is very, very convenient. I recommend you take the bus to the Culver City train station.

Here is the link to the Big Blue Bus (Santa Monica's system) so you can plug in your starting point and ending point in case leaving from downtown SM is not convenient for you:

bigbluebus.com/Special-Features/Connecting-S…

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: California Science Center - how to get there?

Thanks so much for your help. I havent booked the accomodation yet so I am not sure what part of Santa monica we will be in. I will check out Big Blue Bus and the train network.

5. Re: California Science Center - how to get there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 27, 2014