We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro/Bus & where to stay between Universal & Hollywood

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Metro/Bus & where to stay between Universal & Hollywood

My son (18) & I will be travelling to LA in late April. We will not have a vehicle, so need advice on public transportation. We will be staying 4 nights and are going to Universal, Staples Center and want to see Hollywood Blvd area.

We are considering staying at the Clarion Hotel (was Holiday Inn Express), The BLVD or the Tangerine. Price range under $150.

Also, which hotel has easier access to buses or the Metro to each of our activities?

Any advice? Thanks!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,658 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Metro/Bus & where to stay between Universal & Hollywood

>>>We only need to get 'to' LAX on the Tuesday as we're flying in to SNA and staying around Anaheim prior to coming to LA on the Friday, with our friends. Couldn't I hire a shuttle to LAX for about $14/pp?<<<

More like $16 and I'd still stay in Little Tokyo over Hollywood. If your friends are going to meet you "several times", they can come to Little Tokyo once and if they haven't been there in a while, they might enjoy seeing it. Other than that you and your son can jump the subway up to Hollywood or North Hollywood to meet them and then go from there.

12. Re: Metro/Bus & where to stay between Universal & Hollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 22, 2014