We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stops made by Ocean Beach Trolley??

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Topic
Stops made by Ocean Beach Trolley??

I understad this trolley serves LAX hotels. Would someone please identify all the stops made on its routes. Thanks.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,878 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stops made by Ocean Beach Trolley??

It is the Ocean Express.

gatewaytola.org/index.cfm/…

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,385 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stops made by Ocean Beach Trolley??

And, be aware that the trolley runs only ONCE PER HOUR, and only between 10 am and 8 pm. In addition, it travels in a circle, going in only ONE DIRECTION. So, if you travel for 20 minutes on the Ocean Express, it will take 40 minutes to return to your starting point since the bus continues around the circle, back to the beginning.

Honestly, I don't know why it's called the Ocean EXPRESS since it stops 9 times and takes twice as long to reach the Manhattan Beach Pier than a taxi. At $5 per person, it's $10 to use this service. For just $30 more, you can take a taxi and leave exactly when you want (and as early as you wish), and return exactly when you want (and as late as you wish) and do the transfer in half the time.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,878 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stops made by Ocean Beach Trolley??

>>>Honestly, I don't know why it's called the Ocean EXPRESS<<<

Marketing :)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stops made by Ocean Beach Trolley??

It's called the Ocean Express Trolley because it gets you to MB in 15-20 minutes from LAX, depending on which hotel you board from. It unloads a trolley full of visitors every hour at the Manhattan Beach Pier, and all of them spend time at the shops, restaurants or walking on the Pier.

In the summer months they run two trolley's an hour, or every half hour. There are three of them, a bright red one, a faded red one and a white one that you see all over town during the day.

This time of year, the next trolley would be back for you in an hour, and most people I talk to when I'm in the bakery or buying a coffee, like to spend at least a few hours in town, and know when to return to the official stop to board for the trolley back to the hotel area.

The trolley then makes a quick stop at the MB Mall and El Segundo Plaza on the return, but I see very few get on off or on at these stops, most visitors are interested in seeing the ocean. The trolley stops for two minutes at each hotel for drop offs or pick ups.

notdeadyettravel.com/2012/…

The first trolley leaves at 9 am and the last trolley currently leaves the restaurants in El Segundo at 8:45 PM. Hours are extended in the summer months.

Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stops made by Ocean Beach Trolley??

Thanks, everyone for your responses. Will give the trolley a try this weekend.

6. Re: Stops made by Ocean Beach Trolley??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 08, 2014