We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Sushi or Spanish restaurant near airport

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good Sushi or Spanish restaurant near airport

Guys

I'm driving back from Rowland Heights back to the airport tonight and wanted to stop by a good mid-priced restaurant in a nice area to see too. I only have 2 hours for the whole thing so would prefer a neighborhood that's on the way to the airport and not too far away from the exit with available street parking

I hope I'm not asking for too much and would appreciate 1-2 recommendations. I basically had a really bad time in rowlands heights culinary-wise and would like to my last meal in LA to be a good one

Thanks!

Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Sushi or Spanish restaurant near airport

Guys

I just found this marina del rey restaurant - can someone recommend a place that's close to the water so i can eat and take a quick walk too? Actually any kind of food would do

THanks

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,285 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Sushi or Spanish restaurant near airport

>>> I basically had a really bad time in rowlands heights culinary-wise<<<

If you had a hard time in Rowland Heights culinary-wise you weren't looking for great Chinese food then as that area has some of the best in the US.

Decent sushi near the airport would be The Izaka-ya By Katsu-ya or Pisces Sushi and other decent restaurants in Manhattan Beach are Manhattan Beach Post, Darren's and Petros.

Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Sushi or Spanish restaurant near airport

This may sound weird but I am chinese and I just completed 3 days of the greasiest, lowest-quality chinese food I've ever had. I grew up in hong kong and chinatown new york and now simply travel a lot for work. Maybe i was living in a really bad area of rowland heights, not sure

Thanks for the sushi recommendations

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,285 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Sushi or Spanish restaurant near airport

Rowland Heights probably has bad Chinese food too, but the entire SGV where Rowland Heights is has some really good places like Shufeng Garden, Newport Tan Cang Seafood Restaurant, Shanghai Xiao Chi, Shanghai Yu Yuan, Lucky Noodle King, New Chiong Qingi, Mei Long Village, Jin Jian Restaurant and Dean Sin World to name a few.

The list is a hodge-podge of dim sum, Shanghainese, Chaozhou and Sichuan, but off the top of my head, those are the ones that come to mind.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,844 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Sushi or Spanish restaurant near airport

Pieces, while good, is a hole in the wall that is for take-out. I would not recommend it to someone coming from Roland Heights for dinner, as there are just a few stools to sit on inside. There is no parking, and Highland Ave is very busy with work commuters at dinner time. We drive there, and one of us jumps out to pick up our order, while the other circles the block.

Much better for your circumstances, is Izaka-ya . Across the street, and behind the Kettle Restaurant is a city parking lot. You can enter it on 12th Street.

Coming in west on the 105 freeway, it's better (from a local) if you drive to the end of freeway in El Segundo. Take Sepulveda Blvd. south to Manhattan Beach Blvd. a few miles. Turn left on MB Blvd. a mile to Highland Ave. (you'll see the ocean) it's just to the right.

http://mapq.st/TC9TiO

Mapquest from Roland Heights

http://mapq.st/SKrUu6

If you have time, the MB Pier is just a couple blocks down the street, and is great for taking a walk and watching the sun set.

www.youtube.com/watch…

LA
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Sushi or Spanish restaurant near airport

Do you mean Mexican restaurant rather than Spanish?

They are different cuisines and you are far more likely to find a Mexican restaurant.

7. Re: Good Sushi or Spanish restaurant near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, December 16, 2013