We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jay Leno November 2012: How it worked for us.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
Jay Leno November 2012: How it worked for us.

I just wanted to share how things worked for us yesterday (11/05/12)for the Jay Leno Show.

I requested tickets back in September and we did get the day we requested.

We found free street parking a block from the Studio on Warner Street, just off Bob Hope Street. There was $5.00 parking available off Bob Hope Street. You needed to turn onto the street you would use to go to the hospital that was across from the studio. (There was a small sign on the ground advertising the $5.00 parking) Some others from our party parked on the street in a 2 hour parking zone and did get a $43 ticket.

We arrived at the studio at 1:30 p.m.. The holding area had some trees, but not enough to provide shade for all those waiting. It was a 95 degree day and not comfortable at all. I was surprised there was not more comfortable waiting areas. there were not benches but people sat on the cement that was surrounding some trees.

At 2:00 p.m. they began letting groups out of the holding area. They took around 50-80 people at a time. We finally got out of the holding area about 2:45. From there they walk you to the security area where bags are looked into and you walk through a metal detector. We were allowed to keep phones and cameras with us, but they had to be out of sight and turned off. (I know others have reported that cameras and phones were put in cubbies, but this was not the case for us. I am wondering if the higher security depends on the guests that day)

From the security area you head to a station where you get your number. (We were 145-149) They have you sit in a covered area with benches. There was probably room for about 200 people in this area. The rest of the people had to wait outside. :-( There were bathrooms in this area in a trailer.

Around 3:15 p.m. they began calling groups once again, this time to head to the studio to get seated. Around 3:45 p.m. Jay come out and interacted with the audience, which was really nice. There was also someone who talked to the crowd and tried to get everyone hyped up.

Overall, we had a great experience.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jay Leno November 2012: How it worked for us.

I love when people post their experiences like this. Thank you for taking the time!!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jay Leno November 2012: How it worked for us.

Good to hear it worked out for you. Yes, crazy we are having this hot weather into November, and guests had to suffer the heat.

Who were Jay's special guests last night?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jay Leno November 2012: How it worked for us.

Sure is crazy hot!!! Went to the Safari Park today and another very warm day. Just not what I was expecting when we chose November to come out to visit our son. Looks like it will be cool in Cambria where we are heading tomorrow. :-)

Jay Leno's guests yesterday were Kristen Stewart and Dax Shepard. Dax was enjoyable but Kristen was like a pouting teenage who didn't really want to be there and made sure everyone knew that. I felt sorry that Jay had to interview her. Everything else about the show was great though!! I

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jay Leno November 2012: How it worked for us.

Ha. That's Kristen for sure. What is wrong with that girl? Has always been super pouty and negative.

Love Dax and love his GF too, Kristen Bell. They are a pretty funny couple.

5. Re: Jay Leno November 2012: How it worked for us.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 28, 2013