We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days LA Trip End of Nov.

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
5 days LA Trip End of Nov.

Hi, my friend and I are planning our LA trip for the last week of Nov. and would really appreciate it if we can get some questions answered.

It is probably going to be a 5 days 4 nights trip and we plan to stay at the Holiday Inn Hollywood Walk of Fame. After doing some research, it seems like this is the best hotel in that area for that price.

We land LAX around noon time, should I coordinate with the hotel to have a shuttle pick us up at LAX? Get a cab? Take the metro? We plan to visit the Kodak Theatre and the Chinese Theatre and area that afternoon and at night.

On day 2, we plan to go to Universal Studios by taking the metro. It seems like it is only a 10-15 min ride.

On day 3 we want to go to Disneyland, what is the best way to get there? I heard that there are some tour companies that will bring you there? Is it worth the price? We want to avoid that as there will be time restrictions as to how long we can stay at the park.

Day 4 - nothing planned yet. But probably a shopping day? Any suggestions on what to do?

Day 5 - we leave LA around 3 pm. Again, should we arrange a shuttle or cab?

Thanks so much for the help and any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Universal CityWalk Hollywood
Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Olvera Street
Historic Walking Areas, Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,079 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days LA Trip End of Nov.

All of your questions are addressed in our TOP QUESTIONS box at the right side of this page. If you are using a tablet or smart phone, scroll to the bottom of the Tripadvisor.com home page and click 'full site'. Here's a shortcut to the TOP QUESTIONS aka FAQs (link and SCROLL DOWN for the content):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655-i61-k506308…

Briefly (and it's a good idea to be brief!), I'll address some of your questions but, again, it's all in the TOP QUESTIONS/FAQs:

1. Airport transfers come in all types depending on speed, level of comfort and cost. Don't book this through the hotel but with the transport companies directly. All explained in the FAQs

2. The easiest way to Universal from your hotel is to take the #156 bus (across the street from your hotel -- at the northeast corner of Highland Av & Franklin Av -- but ON Franklin Av, heading north). The exact routing (where to get off and how to find the entrance to Universal) is explained in our local transit website. Instructions on it's use are in the FAQs under "Local Transportation", If you plan to use public transit, you need to know how to instantly find routes between any 2 points. If you don't know how to do this, then be sure read the FAQs section on Local Transportation.

Disneyland Transfers, like airport transfers come in all flavors. These are painstakingly described in the FAQs under the 'Theme and Amusement Park" section. Time restrictions will ALWAYS apply when you visit Disneyland unless you drive since all of the transfer options (tours and public transit) shut down before the Park does. So, you will miss some late night attractions unless you rent a car. During peak summer months, some tour companies pick up 'late' so you don't miss the final attractions of the day but that's only during the summer months, and, again, not all tour companies do it.

Itinerary Ideas are in the FAQs

When you post, try to avoid phrases like "the best way to get there" because we don't know what you mean. Do you mean:

1. The quickest?

2. Cheapest?

3. Easiest?

4. Most comfortable?

or, most probably, some blend of all of these?

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days LA Trip End of Nov.

Hi, there are various options to get transported from lax airport, if you need local car services from airport to Los Angeles, try www.lax-towncar-service.com , if you need long distance transfers, rent a car for the times you're here which would cost you less, like www.budget.com . That's all about it, for a LA traveler, that's what I recommend so you can enjoy your vacation in comfort, luxury style and worry free, so have fun in los angeles, just be careful to not pay so much money here since anything you need here can be expensive, so try to research the most affordable ones.

Edited: 6:36 am, November 02, 2012
3. Re: 5 days LA Trip End of Nov.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 20, 2013