We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urban Shopping Adventure

North Royalton...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Urban Shopping Adventure

Any feedback on this tour?

http://urbanshoppingadventures.com/

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,218 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urban Shopping Adventure

All of the areas are worth seeing but at $54 per person (that's $108 if there are 2 of you, $162 if all of you go), you'd be able to take taxis to any of these places and be able to come and go on your own schedule. In fact, at $162, you could contact our good friends at Zippyshuttle.net and have them pick you up and drop you off for about the same amount of money and you're, again, coming and going on your own schedule.

Just tell us EXACTLY what type of shopping you're looking at (boutiques, outlets, which designers, shoes?, etc) and we'll tell you where to go. (Also remind us where you're staying).

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urban Shopping Adventure

I disagree. I think the services are a great bargain in terms of efficiency. They are not simply driving you around like a taxi service. There are multiple tours which are geographically focused. Particularly for the Fashion District downtown, they give you access to vendors which you simply won't find without some help. It is easy to check out Santee Alley and dismiss the place. With dozens of blocks and many hard to find vendors, yeah, you could try on your own. Or if you've got limited time and want to cut to the chase, it is very worthwhile.

I'd also point out the owner is an absolute sweetie. She was a neighbor years ago when I lived next to the Fashion District. At minimum, just give her a call and ask her your questions. By all means, tell her I sent you.

HTH

North Royalton...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urban Shopping Adventure

Hmmm.. Not sure which way to go on this. My girls are not fashionista's but the 20 year old went NYC this summer and got the bug, so thought this could be fun. She was ecstatic when she found Louboutin's at BG for 40 or 60% off, but still couldn't bring herself to spend $450 on them. She just commented the other day on how she would love a basic Louboutin black pump for when she starts interviews in a year. She is my thrifty one and still calls me before she makes a purchase that's over $50. The other one (18) cannot spend money fast enough.They are both shoe fanatics, love heels even though the one is 5'11" and other is 5'9". I guess I would classify them as liking tasteful and fun, not conservative, not far out there, but will sometimes take the unexpected. Does that make ANY sense? : D

On the one hand I feel like they would enjoy this and it would open them to a whole new experience, but on the other hand it seems like this could be for hard core fashionista's who know what they are looking for. These girls don't really know what they are looking for, but let me tel you they will entertain the group!

We will be in MDR area 12/30-1/2. So we could do either 30, 31 or 2, but two would have to be early as we fly out at 5:00. So are these places open on Sunday? or New Years eve day?

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urban Shopping Adventure

As i remember, the lady who runs the business is smart business woman. She's not fashionista just out of design school. She just knows the lay of the land retail-wise. I presume she caters to the needs and wishes of her customers. However, that weekend, I suspect she might be closed. But, don't listen to me. Give her a call and see what you think.

Have fun.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urban Shopping Adventure

Hi Cafebakes, I'm not commenting on this particular tour because I don't know anything about it. But, having worked for a company on Los Angeles St. (cosmetics and fragrances) I never had a hard time walking around the area, finding what I wanted. In fact, it was that "hunt for the buy" that was exciting. OTOH, the value of your time and transportation may make it a value to you.

I will mention that, since you are going to be in La Jolla before you head up the Coast to Newport Beach, you might find the shopping on Cedros Avenue, in Solana Beach, just north of Del Mar, fun. Interesting stores, nice restaurants and the Belly-Up Tavern is a well-known, live music venue that may appeal to the girls.

Check it out and see what you think. Just a thought.

www.cedrosavenue.com

Rem

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urban Shopping Adventure

I agree with 1remdog . "the hunt for the buy" is very exciting.

7. Re: Urban Shopping Adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 06, 2013