We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting LA in July.........

UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Visiting LA in July.........

I'll be visiting LA for the first time in July and I'll be staying at the Los Angeles Days Inn on S. Mariposa Ave. Does anyone know what this hotel is like and whether the neighbourhood is safe. Also when I'm there what places should I stay away from? I understand Compton and Inglewood aren't the safest of places, but are there any other places I should stay away from?

Any info is greatly appreciated, Thanks in Advance.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting LA in July.........

I think places that maybe not for tourists are around South Central LA, Compton and parts of Inglewood, and even some parts of Long Beach-as long as you stay around the commercial centers where Queen Mary, Shoreline Village, and the business centers are in Long Beach, these places are touristy and safe.

The LA Days Inn seems to be okay and in a safe area. It's close to the Wilshire Business District and not too far from Beverly Hills or West Hollywood and central to various places and attractions in LA.

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting LA in July.........

Thanks for the reply. Its just you hear a lot of bad things about certain areas, most of it probably rubbish, but its worth finding out for certain.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting LA in July.........

HI cstm1984, Have fun in LA! Many of the places in LA are pretty safe. Sometimes tv and movies really exaggerate. Of course, just stick to common sense and beware of all the surroundings around you, if you're not looking for trouble, you won't get into trouble. My husband and I have also gotten lost several times, and have even entered seedy neighborhoods, but never had any problems.