We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graduation/18th bday help! Roosevelt??

new york
2 posts
Save Topic
Graduation/18th bday help! Roosevelt??

Hey everyone. In june my mom and i will be making a trip to hollywood for as a present for my graduation/18th bday. basically, i am pop culture fanatic, avid US weekly reader and i already know to hit up the ivy , urth cafe, coffe bean, robertson etc. we are going through a certain website my mom found and they reccomended the rooseveltt. but what is going on w/ tropicana and teddy's? i know they bought amanda scheer demme,aka the devil, out - so what kind of state are they in? would i be allowed at the pool etc?

we're also trying to get a room at the chateau for a night or two..lindsay lohan LIVES there. :) any extra tips/info/suggestions are appreciated. thank you in advance!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,275 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Graduation/18th bday help! Roosevelt??

You're 18, so you wouldn't be allowed at the pool or Teddy's at night, no matter who owned it. It's a bar, so you have to be 21.

However, if you're a Roosevelt Hotel guest, you have access to the pool during the day. I think it's a good hotel for you, given your interest in celeb lifestyle. Chateau is also good, although the pool is isn't as fun by day. Beverly Hills Hotel is another idea. But I wouldn't move around too much - pick one hotel and stay there throughout your trip.

You already know about Urth and Sunset Plaza, etc...but also check out Montana Ave for shopping and the Peets coffee there always has a celeb or two. Malibu Country Mart, too, for lunch or dinner at Nobu or Tony Tavernas.

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Graduation/18th bday help! Roosevelt??

I would choose Chateau Marmont over Roosevelt ... Does Lindsay still live there? Hasn't she moved into Sierra Tower yet? You seem pretty clued up - Robertson Blvd, Urth cafe, Newsroom, Ivy, Koi for sure, Mr Chow, Viceroy in santa monica & you're to young for clubs - to bad ; ) & like yoga chick said, out here in Malibu always good ... take a walk along the beach or head to the country mart ... i often see tons of celebs out here though i tend not to really take notice - they're just regular people with a familiar face ... I always see mischa barton, britney now & again, jude law the other day ... etc - malibu country mart the place to be! - could that sentence be anymore depressing!!!