We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hour layover at LAX

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
441 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
7 hour layover at LAX

Hi there,

my friend and I will be comming back from Las Vegas on a thursday, when we leave on an international flight on friday. Our flight on friday leaves at 8AM, so we have to be in the airport around 5AM-5.30AM. We want to stay at a hotel near the airport for the layover, but have a question:

we still have to book are flight from Las Vegas back to LA. We wanted to take the flight that arrives at 10PM to get a maximum of time in LV, but then we probably won't be in our hotel before midnight, right? (We still have to choose the hotel, so any (budget) suggestions here are welcome as well).

So

- we are doubting between a flight that arrives at LAX at 8 PM or at 10PM

- we're still looking for a really cheap hotel near the airport that provides shuttle service

Hope you guys can help out!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,896 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

Not sure what "really cheap" is, but I'd look at the Hilton Garden Inn, Four Points by Sheraton and the LAX Marriott.

If the flight lands at 10PM, you should be in your room by 10:45PM I'd say, even if you have checked bags.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,395 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

I've had bad experiences departing Las Vegas. My flights are often late in leaving. Take the earlier flight. (If you don't, you're just going to lose even MORE money -- no one (no one!) wins in Vegas).

So, do yourself a favor, take the earlier flight, take the money you would have lost and put it to a decent (not expensive) hotel. Have a great night's sleep on a decent bed (really cheap hotels don't have decent beds) and prepare yourself for the long flight(s) home.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

Could not agree with HopSkip more!

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
441 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

Thanks guys, I'll take the earlier fflight.

But I won't be gambling in Vegas (I know,but really:)) so no losing money. Not in that way at least:)

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
441 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

Another thing: are there lockers at LAX to safely store your luggage? That way we could take one bag with us to Las Vegas (we're only going for two days) and leave the rest at the airport untill we leave for home...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

Have a look at this hotel.... which would suit your needs for a comfortable bed and not too expensive.

htp://www.travelodgelax.com

Since 9/11, there is not storage for luggage at LAX.

Edited: 11:34 pm, August 04, 2012
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

The perfect hotel for you is the Hacienda Hotel in El Segundo, a mile south of LAX. All the airline crews stay there and they have free shuttles going back and forth 24/7, which other hotels don't have. You'll be able to get to the airport by 5 am in time for your flight.

http://www.haciendahotel.com/

No locker storage at LAX since 9/11.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,258 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

There's nothing to do in Vegas to keep you there until a late flight, anyway. My experience is that it's a night city, and in the day you want out of there. Take an earlier flight.

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
441 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

I did:)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 hour layover at LAX

id suggest travelodge (next to dennys). very affordable and offers shuttle service