We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Hollywood

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Ramada Hollywood

We've seen the Ramada Hollywood Hotel at 1160 N Vermont Ave. The hotel looks ok in our price range however we need to know if there is anything in the immediate area of the hotel in terms of bars and restaurants. Anyone know of this hotel and what the location is like?

I've been to LA briefly once before and the only area I know to go out in is the strip. Any alternatives would be grately appreciated.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada Hollywood

I actually stayed there once when I was relocating to LA and couldn't get a room anywhere else. I would advise against it. The hotel itself is decent...nothing great but it's a Ramada... but you do not want to walk around in that neighborhood, especially at night. Not that there are any restaurants, bars or shops that are worth seeing around there anyway.

Spend a little bit more and stay at the Elan on Beverly Blvd by the Beverly Center shopping mall. You might also consider the Magic Castle if you really want to be in Hollywood. Both the Magic Castle and Elan are in safer areas of the city with more restaurant and bar options within walking distance.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,543 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada Hollywood

To put it bluntly, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere.

You don't say whether you willl have the use of a car or not. If you don't (or even if you do), it's a good idea to stay in Hollywood City Centre (as close to the interseection of Hollywood Bl & Highland Av as possible. There is a metrorail stop there as well as lots of restaurants, bars, clubs, shops and movie theatres).

Here's a link to hotels in Hollywood.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32655-Los_Angeles_Ca…

Any of the first 5 in the list are close by. Click on the QUICK CHECK button for an updated quote for the dates you will be staying.