We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do before getting to LAX

St. Joseph, MO
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
What to do before getting to LAX

I'll be staying in Camarillo and have a flight out of LAX at 2 p.m. on Good Friday. What would be good to do before this without too many worries about time? With either of the Getty museums opening at 10, I don't think I can do much there before worrying about getting to the airport. Maybe wander around Santa Monica or Venice? Venice is a distant memory for me; I might do that.

So what about the timing? I'll need to gas up and return a rental car; I'll be flying Southwest and will try to print my boarding pass the day before; I know about the security line going out to the sidewalk but generally moving quickly.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,246 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do before getting to LAX

You really don't have time to do anything except get to the airport. If your flight is at 2, and you need to be there at noon (particularly on a holiday weekend), and have to return the car - which means you have to be there at 11 and leave Camarillo at 9AM.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,931 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do before getting to LAX

Why not stay at a hotel by the airport the night before? You could get a room for less than $100, drop the car off early and enjoy a day at the beach (either by bus or taxi). Even if you have plans in the evening on Thursday, you could check in the late evening and probably still drop the car (the rental companies are open late at the airport). Of course, you could keep the car on the last day!