We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities/Events in Santa Monica this Saturday & Sunday

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Activities/Events in Santa Monica this Saturday & Sunday

Hi all! I'm taking friends to the Ashes and Snow exhibit this Saturday morning, but I am stumped as to what to do with them afterwards that doesn't involve the Pier or the Boardwalk (they did that extensively last time they were here). Anyone have suggestions for something special to do? It would be wonderful to do something outdoors (but no horses, please). We'll have a car so we don't have to stay in Santa Monica.

Yogachik, you're the reason I know about the amazing exhibit - any other incredible suggestions? We have restaurants covered, but I'll need something to do with them on Sunday, too. Thanks, everyone!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities/Events in Santa Monica this Saturday & Sunday

The Getty Museum is always nice and has beautiful gardens to walk around. Also wonderful views on a clear day.

If you want to get some shopping in, the Grove and the LA Farmers Market are always fun and outdoors.

Take a drive up the coast and pick up some just picked strawberried in Camarillo/Oxnard before returning home.

Have afternoon tea at the Huntington Library and then walk around their extensive gardens.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities/Events in Santa Monica this Saturday & Sunday

I agree with juxie.... take them to the Huntington. It's amazing. Difficult to find but well worth the drive and plan on spending a lot of time there, there's a lot to see.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities/Events in Santa Monica this Saturday & Sunday

Both Abbot Kinney and Main Street have changed significantly over the past year or two - how about taking the Tide Shuttle to Main Street after the show, having lunch, and then walking south, toward Venice Blvd, on Abbot Kinney?

Glad you're going to the Ashes and Snow exhibit!

For Sunday, I love Huntington Library and Gardens, but it's far far far from SM. I would head up to Malibu, or even south to Manhattan Beach/Hermosa

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities/Events in Santa Monica this Saturday & Sunday

Thanks everyone! Huntington IS beautiful, but pretty far, so I'll save it for another day. I'd not heard of the Tide shuttle before, but that sounds like a terrific suggestion. I hope it doesn't rain on us!

If it turns out ugly outside, is there anything INDOOORS that we should definitely do?

Happy weekend!