We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage at LAX

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage storage at LAX

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether we can store our luggage somewhere within the airport at LAX. We will only be there for 4 hours in the afternoon/evening and no-one seems to have a day room for the hours we will be there. We would like to be able to leave the airport and fill in a bit of time before our flight home to Australia. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

49 replies to this topic
Irvine, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

LAX is one of the airports that one has to hate. They don't even have a post-office or a mailbox at the airport. Even the metro has to end short of the airport for no practical reason than security and protecting the business of cab & shuttle companies (some says). Talk about being ultra-paranoid.

Edited: 3:43 pm, August 23, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

I landed in LAX from JFK at 9 am this morning and my Qantas flight doesn't leave until 11:45 pm tonight. I ended booking a day room at Travelodge LAX for about $59 plus tax. Got the free shuttle that leaves on the half hour. Once there , the rooms were surprisingly clean and quite spacious. Plus it included free WIFI- bargain! I got a taxi to Santa Monica Pier by taxi (approx. $35 plus tax). Had a walk on the pier and found surprisingly good shopping at Santa Monica Place and the 3rd street Promenade. Discovered The BigBlueBus which leaves on 4th Street and the No. 3 route dropped me off right across the road from the Travelodge for only $1 (!!!). Oh well.live and learn. A quick rest and shower and I'm checking out a 8 pm for the free shuttle back to the Tom Bradley Terminal in plenty of time for the flight home. Worked out ideally for me!!

1 post
Save Reply
33. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

Hi I am revelling to LA on the 23rd Oct n the apartment we are staying in is not ready until 3pm as we arrive at 10.30am.. We staying in anahiem. Do you recommend this company for a couple of hours storage as my partner and I will have 2 bags each at this time as this will be our 3rd stop.

Thanks

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,539 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

4 bags will cost you $72 to store! Instead, consider doing one of the following:

a. Hiring a car, putting the luggage in the boot and touring around a little. If you don't wish to drive, just park the car nearby and use it to store your luggage. (it will be less expensive than the Luggage Storage Service and you won't have to hassle with waiting for them to come to the airport twice (once to pick up the bags; again to drop them off).

b. Take your luggage to Santa Monica and take a tour with Amazing LA Tours on 2nd Street. They have an afternoon 'city tour' that departs around 1 pm as I recall. They'll hold your luggage for you at no charge -- before and after the tour.

c. Get a cheap hotel room. Try the Travelodge LAX like the prior poster did. Again, it's cheaper and easier than the luggage service.

Zurich
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

My experience with LAX Luggage Storage....

We stored our kite surf bags with LAX Storage for a layover in the city. After a phone call to LAX, they sent us a driver to pick up the bags. The driver was at our arrival terminal within 15 minutes. He gave us just a handwritten note with our "Ticket No" and the price for the storage, which was a total of $165 incl pickup and delivery (to be paid when we get the luggage back). The driver left and we didn't have a good feeling about the whole thing...

Anyhow, a few days later we called LAX again to deliver the bags to our departure terminal. She reminded us to have the $165 ready in cash and told us the driver will arrive in 10min.

After 15min the driver arrived with our bags at the terminal - so far so good.

But then he told us, that the bags are quite heavy and for this reason another fare applies which leads to a total of $182. We told him that the lady on the phone confirmed the price of $165 just a couple of minutes ago. He told us its not his fault, the guys at the storage facilities just realised upon sending out the luggage, that the bags are too heavy.

He wouldn't give out the bags and we shall call the office. So, we called again and complained, the lady at the office didn't know anything about the price adjustment, confirmed us the 165 again and called the driver to give us the bags for the price we agreed on.

Looks like either the driver wanted to do some extra cash for himself or maybe LAX plays this game regularly.

This is not serious business!!!

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
36. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

Never choose luggage storage at LAX,from my own experience, you will be charged almost 2-3 times the prices on their website. And the bag will be squashed, i have some chocolates in my bag, when I get them back, it's flatten. And they only accept cash.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

If you venture to someplace off-airport like Manhattan Beach, be aware of minimum taxi fares from LAX. Could be an expensive short outing. I assume you'll have your hand luggage, and valuables, with you.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29,784 posts
545 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

" be aware of minimum taxi fares from LAX"

How much is that? We come in tomorrow before our flight later that night. Thinking of maybe hanging out at the airport but I think 8 hours is too much time with luggage well really about 4 hours with luggage.

Moree, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

We are 4 Aussies leaving LA and don't fly out until 10.30 pm and had to vacate our tenancy at 11am so we rang the Travelodge at LAX, they were more than helpful, we got a day rate room, access to a lovely swimming pool, two bigs beds and aircon, safe luggage storage and free shuttle to LAX all for AUD$130 , we had 7 hours peace and relaxation, with ample options for short trips , but we could it be bothered.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Luggage storage at LAX

since it is the same question, i'll post in this thread.

looking at the alternatives, the travelodge hotel at LAX seems the most reliable one but for only luggage storage for USD 100 we still think it is too high.

if we bring the luggage with us to the city, is there any place we could store them with more cheaper price than USD 100 for 6 pcs of luggage?

we will have around 7-8 hours of stopover, so we plan to go to hollywood & highland and eat lunch and farmers market and return to airport.

Reply to: Luggage storage at LAX
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted