We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from LAX to Huntington beach

Fairbanks, Alaska
13 posts
Save Topic
Getting from LAX to Huntington beach

Hello, I am traveling this may to Huntington Beach. I fly into LAX on a friday at around noonish. What is the best way to get to LAX to huntington beach? A tran, train, shuttle, anything of that sort? I will be flying out of Orange County airport 3 days later. Would it be worth just renting a car in LAX and maybe dropping it at SNA when I fly out? Dont know how much a taxi would cost to get to Huntington beach from LAX or if a shuttle is even possible. Really dont want to spend a whole lot of time sitting in a hot car, while we drop off every tom dick and harry. any info would be great! traveling alone and need to map this thing out!!

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from LAX to Huntington beach

LAX-Huntington Beach is a tough transit trip, one that's hard to recommend to any but the hardiest of transit travelers. It's a 44 mile trip. I asked the Metro Trip Planner for a trip from LAX to the Hilton in Huntington Beach on Friday at noon. It gave me a trip that involves one shuttle, one train, and two buses:

Lot G Shuttle from the terminal to Aviation Green Line station

Green Line from Aviation to Norwalk,

Metro 577 express bus from Norwalk to 7th St. & Campus Dr. in Long Beach

OCTA 1bus along Pacific Coast Highway to Huntington Beach.

The question would be whether you want a car while you're in Huntington Beach. If not, it would probably be quicker to endure the meanderings of a shared ride shuttle.

Edited: 4:15 pm, January 29, 2012
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from LAX to Huntington beach

A taxi to Huntington Beach from LAX would be quite expensive - depending on where in Huntington exactly and also on some other factors, the fare would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of $125. Huntington Beach to SNA is probably going to be around $40 by taxi.

You can try the shared van shuttle companies - www.primetimeshuttle.com and www.supershuttle.com - the disadvantage of these compared to a taxi is that they can circle the airport a few times to try and fill the van, and they can detour along the way to pick up or drop off other passengers before they deliver you to your destination.

That said it will probably be a lot more convenient, and probably not too much more expensive, if at all, to rent a car - especially if you are planning to travel anywhere during your stay in Huntington Beach.

Fairbanks, Alaska
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from LAX to Huntington beach

Thanks for the tips! Ill book the super shuttle, its only 39 from LAX right to my motel, without tip. Thanks!

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from LAX to Huntington beach

Amy -- I answered one of your other posts.

Super Shuttle also goes to SNA as well. It is $22 to and from the Huntington Beach Waterfront Hilton. You are probably nearby. Either the rate will be the same or slightly more because the hotels negotiate a set rate.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from LAX to Huntington beach

p.s. Amy --

If you want information about Huntington Beach, go to the Huntington Beach forum not the Los Angeles Forum. Huntington Beach is in another county and is 40 miles south of Los Angeles. And you will find that residents of Orange County will NOT appreciate your referring to their communities as "LA."

We are not in or part of Los Angeles and we are proud of our separate communities.

Fairbanks, Alaska
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from LAX to Huntington beach

noted, my bad

7. Re: Getting from LAX to Huntington beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, May 26, 2013