We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer airport to Omni Hotel downtown

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
259 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer airport to Omni Hotel downtown

Four of us will be staying at The Omni Hotel, downtown but as we will not be arriving in LAX until 19.00 after a eleven hour flight, I was wondering something? Would it be wiser to collect a hire car the next morning (will be tired, plus the hotel charges $24 parking) or just take a taxi that evening? Thanks

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer airport to Omni Hotel downtown

After an eleven hour flight, it seems that you will also be going through immigration and customs which will add more time. Taking a taxi to the Omni will cost approx $35, and spare you a major headache. From the airport to the hotel door, you will be thankful you made the right decision.

At the top of this forum is FAQ's. You will find a lot of information to help you. Enjoy!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
343 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer airport to Omni Hotel downtown

You probably won't be driving anywhere that night so you won't need the car. Take a taxi, get some rest, and get the car the next morning. I don't know if there is a place to rent a car at the Omni, but you can call them and check. If not, I know there is an Avis on Figueroa St. about 4-5 blocks away.