We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

South Aust
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

Hi,

We were going to staying in Anaheim for 5nights but were strongly recommended to stay a couple of nights in LA to sightsee there before heading on to Anaheim for the Disney Parks. Suggestion seems to make sense but I am very confused about where to stay in LA. Being 2 girls alone we were told to stay away from Downtown and Hollywood area and were told that Beverly Hills or West Hollywood is better. Any opinions or advise?

We are deciding between Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills or Hyatt West Hollywood (a little more pricey). Any opinions or advise?

NYC/Metro area
Level Contributor
128 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

The advice is correct; I'd stay at Maison 140. It's a boutique hotel, more for the younger crowd than for the stuffy money folks. It's less expensive and if you can, upgrade to a deluxe room. This is right in the heart of Beverly Hills. Check out travel sites for good rates. HTH

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,306 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

I don't totally agree with the advise. I've stayed at the CP BH but its pretty remote from transportation. Go to hotelopia.com and look at the Omni in Downtown. I just stayed there for 6 nites. Beautiful place. A few blocks farther down its a little more seedy but this is a great location. Its next to the museum of modern art, Disney Concert Hall, and Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. The best thing its on a bus for 25cents will take you to Union Station where you can train to anaheim or down to SDiego. It will also take you right to Olivera Street and lots of interesting places. One block away you can take the Metro $3 for all day pass which will take you right to Universal studios (they have a citiwalk for dining if you don't want to do the park) plus the metro will take you directly to Hollywood and Highlands which is right at the Kodak theater and the Graumans Chinese Theater. I do tour groups to LA and the Omni is a great hotel and on that website you can reserve a room for $79 per nite, compared to $179 by booking direct. There were a few good restaraunts one block away and its in a very safe area of downtown.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

I don't think you can go wrong with staying in Beverly Hills or West Hollywood. For my opinion, I never thought Hollywood is an unsafe area. They've actually have done improvements there. The Renaissance Hollywood is a very nice place to stay and you're right next to the Metro that can take you to Universal Studios. You can also see the Hollywood sign from here. You're also right by the Mann's Chinese Theater, where we've seen red carpet world movie premieres here, Walk of Fame, and it's right next to Hollywood and Highland, a shopping complex with restaurants and shops. I've been all over the world, we just got back from Asia, and with Hollywood, I've never felt unsafe here. Just always be aware of your surroundings, and you'll be fine! Have fun!

South Aust
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

Thanks for the advice. I'm still undecided about where to stay. There are so many options! I saw reviews of Le Montrose Suites in West Hollywood which say that this is a very good hotel.

BTW, can someone help me with the best internet sites for cheap hotel rates please?

There lots of sites out there but I've heard that quite a few are unrealiable.

Thanks!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

I've never been in LA but I've reserve my stay in Le Montrose for this may. I've made my choice after reading good reviews.

I hope I've made the right choice

Ericco

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

The Le Montrose, West Hollywood looks to be in a great location and close to the nightlife of the Sunset Strip, which includes the House of Blues and the Viper Room. Not sure about third party hotel websites as we always book directly with the hotel. Some websites include orbitz, expedia or hotels.com. But I'm sure others can give you better suggestions of hotel sites.

ca
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

I'm in my late 20's and stay at the Hyatt West Hollywood all the time. I've also stayed at the Wyndham Bel Age and Hollywood Renaisance great hotels also. The Hyatt is next to The Comedy Store, Pauly Shore's mom's place, he can sometimes be seen outside on Friday nights. Across the street from House of Blues and you can pretty much walk up and down the strip to Sky Bar, Viper Room, Wiskey a Go Go, Standard, Roxy etc. I seem to feel very safe at night and police are everywhere on Friday and Saturdays pulling people over. It's Hollywood, but I've never had a problem, just a few lost souls. Depends on what you are into. I also heard that on Priceline.com if you put in West Hollywood/Sunset Strip and 3 star hotels, people have gotten rates of $55 - $75 for the Hyatt.

It's just a risk you have to take. Enjoy.

ca
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

I'm in my late 20's and stay at the Hyatt West Hollywood all the time. I've also stayed at the Wyndham Bel Age and Hollywood Renaisance great hotels also. The Hyatt is next to The Comedy Store, Pauly Shore's mom's place, he can sometimes be seen outside on Friday nights. Across the street from House of Blues and you can pretty much walk up and down the strip to Sky Bar, Viper Room, Wiskey a Go Go, Standard, Roxy etc. I seem to feel very safe at night and police are everywhere on Friday and Saturdays pulling people over. It's Hollywood, but I've never had a problem, just a few lost souls. Depends on what you are into. I also heard that on Priceline.com if you put in West Hollywood/Sunset Strip and 3 star hotels, people have gotten rates of $55 - $75 for the Hyatt.

It's just a risk you have to take. Enjoy.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

I would disagree with your advice. Staying in Anaheim is cheaper - and you have to rent a car and drive everywhere anyway when you stay in the Hollywood/BH area, so why not stay put and stay in one place?

I have done this twice. Stayed in a hotel in Anadeim, spent most of the time there and then rented a car for a couple of days and made two trips up the highway (once to go to Universal Studios and the other to tour BH and Hollywood). Even without a car, you can arrange tours/shuttles that will take you where you need to go right from your Anaheim hotel.

As a woman, I DESPISE having to pack/unpack when I am travelling - I prefer to stay in one place. Pick a decent hotel near Disneyland and arrange tours from there. I found it a very convenient way to travel.

If you decide to go with your advice to stay in BH/Hollywood, I just got back from a trip to LA with a girlfriend and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hollywood. It's about a 15 drive to BH and a 5 min walk up the street to the walk of fame and chinese theater. Parking is free! Safe, clean and quiet area. Can't ask for more at an affordable price.

Have fun whatever you decide!

Paula

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills

Well I guess it all depends on your taste. I avoid the large impersonal hotels like the plague. I prefer the boutique hotels of West Hollywood. Very safe . Service and ambiance. Yes the Montrose is great (my favourite) but I also like Le Parc and the Valadon, in that order. These hotels will give you the true LA experience. Stayed at all of them over the last 5 years and always saw at least two to three celebrities. Close to Sunset and the clubs, shopping on Melrose. I am a women and was on business and never felt scared at any of these places.

Have fun! I love LA.