We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours from la to yosemite national park

Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
tours from la to yosemite national park

Are there any 3 day tour that start and finish in la to yosemite national park after the 14 June 2011

A Day in LA Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours
We Love LA Tour
Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bikes And Hikes LA
Gear Rentals, City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
LA Insider Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Movie & TV Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tours from la to yosemite national park

There's none that I'm aware of. Keep in mind that the travel time from Los Angeles to Yosemite National Park is around 6 hours. Most people don't want to stay in Yosemite simply for a day, especially when they are roundtripping to LA.

Most tours (and I've driven many tourists here, btw) start and end at different locations. The ones I've done in the past often start at San Francisco and end up in Los Angeles (or vice versa), while visiting much of the Southwest United States, taking two to three weeks.

If you would want to rent a car and drive there, that might be the best recommendation in your case.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
64,414 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tours from la to yosemite national park

You could use Amtrak to access the Park, but it's a combination system of busses and 1 train and will take a good while, probably over 8 or 9 hours. Then you'd need to have lodging reservations for the Valley or outside the Park on Hwy 140 (the only route with public YARTS bus transportation.)

Renting a car would be much easier.

There are 1, 2, and 3 day trips from San Francisco.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tours from la to yosemite national park

We stayed at Tenaya Lodge a couple years ago, after flying to Fresno, and I noticed they had tours into Yosemite from there. We had a car, so didn't look into them.

I looked online and see Discover Yosemite has several locations of pick up, but you'd have to get to them from Fresno.

http://www.discoveryosemite.com/fullday.html

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tours from la to yosemite national park

This company offers both Yosemite and Fresno area tours. There are a couple of different Yosemite tours. The Fresno area tours covers sites like the Blossom and Fruit Trails, wine tasting trails, the underground gardens and other gardens, etc. They also offer private/custom tours. I don't know if they will do a Fresno hotel pickup for a Yosemite tour but worth an email or call to ask.

http://www.yosemiteandbeyond.com

This company has Yosemite tour packages from Oakhurst/Bass Lake/etc, but it also offers shuttle services from the Fresno Airport and Amtrak station to the mountains. I'm not sure if they combine that into a single service, you'd have to call or email.

http://www.discoveryosemite.com

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: tours from la to yosemite national park

Southwest Adventures offers 5 day tours beginning and ending in LA, and making other stops in the Eastern Sierras:

sw-adventures.com/the-yosemite-adventure.html

There are 1-3 day tours leaving from San Francisco; I would stay away from the 1 day trips as you really only get a taste of a beautiful park that has a lot of history and amazing hikes and sights.

6. Re: tours from la to yosemite national park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 15, 2013