We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

We are coming to L.A. for a week in late May and really look forward on spending a day in Six Flags Magic Mountain. The problem is it seems impossible to buy entrance tickets in advance on their website if the connection comes from outside of States.

Actually the situation was the same last year on our previous trip, but then we didn't have time after all to go to MM. I emailed Six Flags last year about this problem, and they told me that it really is impossible to buy those tickets online on an internet connection based in Europe. Last year they told me about this Coke can promotion, buy one get one free kind of promotion.

So have any of you SoCal locals seen Coke cans with a Six Flags coupon for this year? Do you know any other ways to get discounts on entrance fees?

Seems kinda stupid and not very economical for Six Flags to keep Europeans out of their online store, but I guess they have a very good reason for it.

Any kind of info is highly appreciated!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,221 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

sorry you are unable to purchase online at thier website.

you possibly could purchase them from your hotel computer.

or, mousesavers is a good website that lists current discounts available for attractions for you, on thier magic mountain page it list a "visit california coupon" for $20 off per ticket you can just print out the coupon and show at the gate.

mousesavers.com/magicmountain.html#admission

Edited: 5:17 pm, April 20, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

Thanks! I totally forgot the Mousesavers website. It seems though that the Visit California Coupon was only valid through 1/30/11 :(

I am taking my laptop with me, so it would be possible to buy those over the hotel wi-fi and I guess that's the plan if no coupons are to be found.

Edited: 5:27 pm, April 20, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,221 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

ooh, sorry i didnt look at the date, but i did check the visit california website, here is the current coupon for the same $20 disncount for six flags that expires 12,2011

visitcalifornia.com/media/…20Mountain.jpg

but it would be less expensive for you if you were able to get it online its only $34.99, the visit california website coupon discount would make the cost $39.99

Edited: 5:33 pm, April 20, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

Thank you very much for your help!

I think I'm going to print those Visit California -coupons at home before the trip and use them if I'm not able to buy the tickets online at my hotel.

Tomorrow I will try to buy the Arrowhead Universal Studios discount tickets online. Hope that works out ok as there doesn't seem to be any other good deals available.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,221 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

your welcome, for universal studios arrowhead discount, if you read through this recent thread it will have the info you need to see if you are able to get the discount online or by purchasing a specially marked bottle of (arrowhead water at showing that at the universal studios gate) once you get to california.

tripadvisor.com/…30196459

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

Why the "need" to buy online in advance? Just show up and buy your tickets. Chuck...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,221 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

i said that because i have no idea how hard it may be to find the specially marked arrowhead bottles right now, as the thread that i posted that discussed when someone was able to find the water bottles is from dec 2010

and it would be much more convenient to just be able to purchase the ticket online at the arrowhead link if possible.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

Not directed at you, Happy. Just didn't understant why OP is even concerned about buying online. Everything doesn't always have to be convenient all the time? Sorry. Chuck...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,221 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

no need to be sorry chuck, i was not offended at all, i just thought you were directing your question to me.... i seem to be "off " in my thinking today for some reason.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magic Mountain Coke Can discount

@Chuck: There's four of us going and it seems just stupid not to try to buy the tickets in advance and save some money. Actually, if you think of percentual saving in these two cases, it's pretty remarkable. Then again, if money has no or very little value to you, it won't matter if you pay significantly more than if bought online.

Thanks for your effort though!