We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal studio's Rides-weight restrictions???

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Universal studio's Rides-weight restrictions???

We are heading down to disneyland and Universal studios and San Diego Seaworld. There are several individuals in my family who are large people, between 270-300 pounds. Of course there is concern about rides, I checked and Disneyland seems to accommodate all shapes and sizes but I can't find anything on Universal ie: Jurassic Park ride. Any ideas from anyone about this and if larger people can ride these rides? Also, Sea world has rides too if you know anything about that... I don't want my dad to have to sit out when he is the one taking us all, it would break my heart.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal studio's Rides-weight restrictions???

The vast majority of attractions at Universal are shows, movies and the backlot tram tour. There are two main rides, an indoor roller coaster called Revenege of the Mummy, they have a test seat at the entrance (prior to entering the queue). Jurassic Park is a water boat ride, and if you feel there is a size issue, find the first employee in the queue and talk to them first.

The only attraction I can think of with an issue at SeaWorld San Diego is Journey to Atlantis, and once again, find the first employee in the queue area and ask.

But basic policy at all Theme/Amusement parks is safety first, so if the safety devices to keep in you in your seat do not work properly, the ride operators will not let the person ride.

2. Re: Universal studio's Rides-weight restrictions???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 11, 2012