We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food/Drink near Staples Center?

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
407 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Food/Drink near Staples Center?

Any suggestions to get a bite to eat and/or cocktail prior to the basketball game?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,127 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food/Drink near Staples Center?

There's not much within walking distance - just The Pantry and Hotel Figueroa (although The Pantry doesn't serve alcohol).

If you are driving first, then going to the game, go to la.com and click on dining. Then choose downtown in location.

I like Ciudad (great happy hour), The Standard rooftop bar, or Yang Chow for chinese food.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,079 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food/Drink near Staples Center?

Just south of the Staples Center (away from downtown) and along Figueroa Bl (the street where the Staples Center is located) is USC, and, most importantly, piles of fast food restaurants. Pico Bl is really a fancy name for 13th street and the campus "food area" begins after Adams Bl which is a fancy name for 26fh Street. So, in other words, about 13 blovks from Staples is a whole pile of places to eat with easy parking.

GO trojans!

California
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food/Drink near Staples Center?

there has to be bars near USC, though it's not the nicest part of town.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,410 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food/Drink near Staples Center?

Actually, there are more than a few restaurants within walking distance of the Staples Center. Just walk up Figueroa to around 7th.

Zucca at 8th & Figueroa - Italian

The Palm at 11th & Flower - American

California Pizza Kitchen at 7th & Figueroa

IHOP at 8th & Flower - American

There are plenty more I can't remember or haven't visited.

I'd recommend Cafe Pinot at 5th & Flower for a special meal. The food is good and the location is wonderful. It is located right next to the Central Library. It might be a bit too far for you to walk, particularly since you're not familiar with the area.

HTH. Enjoy your visit.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
350 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food/Drink near Staples Center?

In addition to the ones already listed there's also:

Daily Grill at 6th/Flower

Roy's Hawaiian Fusion at 8th/Figueroa

Morton's Steakhouse at 7th/Figueroa

The Daily Grill is my personal favorite. I like the mellow music/atmosphere. The food is also pretty good and not nearly as expensive as some of the others. It's an especially good value at happy hour.