We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in LA, would should we do?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
2 posts
Save Topic
One day in LA, would should we do?

I'll be in Santa Barbara for 4 days in March and will be flying out of LAX on Sunday morning. I booked a hotel for Saturday close to LAX (Manhattan Beach) and have the entire Saturday free to do something. Any recommendations? It's my first time in Ca and my husband will be with me. We have a rental car.

Thanks

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in LA, would should we do?

I'd say, if you only had one day, visit Santa Monica. Go to Third Street. Santa Monica is not too far from Beverly Hills, drive around and visit Rodeo Drive. Then go to Farmer's Market/Grove in LA. We sometimes have lunch at the Farmer's Market, they have all sorts of food and cheap, watch a movie, and then watch the dancing water fountains. On weekends, they have music entertainment, which is nice!

Manhattan Beach is very nice! Usually,Hermosa Beach, which is close to Manhattan Beach is very busy during weekends, especially during the evening time. For great cajun food, go to Rajin Cajun on Pier Ave in Hermosa Beach! Great atmosphere too!