We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Restaurant for Valentine's Day?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Restaurant for Valentine's Day?

I know it’s still early, but I’m trying to find a romantic restaurant for Valentine’s Day in Santa Monica or West LA. I’ve read reviews for the high end places (Michaels, Valentino, Shutters, Chez Mimi, etc.). What I’d like to find is a place that offers great service (even on a busy day like Valentine’s Day), is quiet and intimate where our table isn’t right on top of the other diners, has great food, isn’t pretentious, and isn’t going to break my bank ($20-30 range per entrée is okay). A good example of the type/feel I’m looking for is Sprazzo, but I’d like to try someplace I haven’t been. Any place like that where people go to eat and not to be “seen”?

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Restaurant for Valentine's Day?

I love Shutters, my hubby and I look forward to a nice dinner without our kids there for special occasions, Request a table by the windows so you can enjoy the view or one by the big fireplace. We have always had good service, but have never been there on Valentines Day (avoid restaurants like the plague on that day :)).

Michaels is nice, especially if it is warm enough for patio dining.

Valentinos is excellant food and service, but I find it to be a bit "busy".

La Cachette on Little Santa Monica (near Century City) is always nice, but is a bit higher in price $28 - $36 for entrees - but both food and sevrice is excellant and atmosphere is romantic.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,008 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Restaurant for Valentine's Day?

Cafe Delfini in Santa Monica Canyon

Lilly's French Cafe & Bar

The candlelit tables on the little garden patio create the perfect, low-key vibe for a casual date.

1031 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice | (310) 314-0004

Brentwood

148 S. Barrington Ave.

Los Angeles, 90049

(310) 476-3511

Piccolo Cipriani

You know you're in Venice Beach, but it's easy to pretend that you've been swept away to Venice, Italy.

5 Dudley Ave., Venice | (310) 314-3222

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,254 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Restaurant for Valentine's Day?

I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend Warsawa in Santa Monica (1414 Lincoln Bl). This is "Polish Peasant Food" in a cozy, candlelit place.

Enjoy!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
927 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Restaurant for Valentine's Day?

Once you get closer to V-day most restaurants in LA will start offering a Valentines Day menu. It's like a pre-fixed price and you have a few choices from the Appetizers, Main Course and Dessert List.

And no it's not cheap. It's a holiday and they know they can get people to open up there wallets. It will be crowded anywhere you go on Valentines Day so trying to find a "quiet" place may be difficult.

I wish I had someone planning this early for me for Vday. Good for you! Hope u have a nice dinner :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Restaurant for Valentine's Day?

If you want to avoid the west side, I highly recommend BISTRO 45 in Pasadena. Afterward it's always fun to walk Colorado Blvd. to walk off a good meal.