We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay near LAX

Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay near LAX

We'll be staying in LA for 24 hours, and were going to stay at Hollywood Renaissance. But I've been told it'll take an age to get to and from the airport, as it'll be Saturday afternoon when we arrive and the traffic will be bad. I'm now thinking of staying nearer to LAX but not sure where - don't want to waste an opportunity by staying in an airport based hotel, but would like somehere within easy travelling time. Any ideas much appreciated....

Santa Maria...
Level Contributor
136 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay near LAX

We usually stay at the Hacienda... its an older hotel. They offer parking for $5 per day and you can either stay the night before you fly or the night upon your return. There are servel restaurants on their property, one a coffee shop open 24 hours which is very convenient for early morning flights. We have stayed three times and each time it has suited our needs just perfectly. Their shuttle to the airport leaves every 15 minutes like clockwork.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,575 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay near LAX

Don't stay near the airport - it's an unattractive area and there's nothing within walking distance. True that Hollywood is far, but it's really only about 30 minutes without traffic - Saturdays are hit or miss. I suggest Santa Monica, as it's close to LAX as is Manhattan Beach (and Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach). They are all within 15-20 minutes and all are walking cities with great dining.

Weybridge,UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay near LAX

If you decide to stay at LAX go for the Renaissance Montura,stayed there several times and never had a complaint.

It is now completely remodeled.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay near LAX

I think you should be okay at the Renaissance Hollywood. I agree with vogachick, it would only take 30 min to get to LAX without traffic, it can be a hit or miss, but just allow enough time to get to the airport.

If you do stay around LAX, why not Manhattan Beach. Try the Manhattan Beach Marriott.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay near LAX

I think you should stick to Hollywood and not worry about traffic to the airport from Hollywood.