We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Lax To Biltmore Hotel Downtown

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
11 posts
Save Topic
Alamo Lax To Biltmore Hotel Downtown

I am returning from Las Vegas to the Biltmore Hotel downtown Los Angeles, and need to return my hire car to Alamo Lax as I dont want a car for the last section of my vacation. Can I use public transport from Alamo Lax to the Biltmore Hotel after returning my car. If not where would I get a taxi, and approx how much should a taxi cost.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,046 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo Lax To Biltmore Hotel Downtown

Pick up the Metro Bus 42a ("Downtonw LA Union Station) at the LAX Transit Center Dock. The Transit Center Dock is the area adjacent to LAX where the buses queue up.

If the Alamo people don't know how to direct you (it's about 3 blocks away), tell them that you need to get to Airport Parking Lot C (which is 96th street just east of Sepulveda Bl). The Transit Center Dock is literally along the sidewalk just to the right of the entrance to this parking lot.

The ride is 1 hour and 4 minutes. Ask the driver for the correct stop but, basically you will be getting off at Pershing Square (the hotel faces the square).

If you go to mta.net (the city's metro website) and put in LAX as yout starting point (next to the word 'from' in the upper right corner of the page) and PERSHING SQUARE (or better yet, the actual street address of your hotel) after the word TO, and finally type in the approximate time of your departure, you will get a display of the next available bus. Be sure to make note of the 'dock number' for your route. This is the space # that the bus will be parked in when you arrive at the bus area.

Good luck.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,046 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo Lax To Biltmore Hotel Downtown

By the way, the fare is $1.25 (exact change only -- bills and coins are accepted).