We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

Honolulu
1 post
Save Topic
Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

Any tips for a decent coffee shop/diner serving breakfast that is within 5 miles of LAX? Prefer one not located in a hotel.

Thanks!

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

Look into Manhattan Beach, it's close to LAX. Uncle Bills in Manhattan Beach has great pancakes and close to the beach. Here's the address:

1305 Highland Ave

Manhattan Beach, CA

Another one is Good Stuff-Manhattan Beach

http://www.eatgoodstuff.com/manhatt.html

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

Here's a few non-hotel places, most within five miles south from LAX, from closest to farthest away:

Good Stuff, El Segundo (3.5 miles from LAX)

131 West Grand Avenue (one mile west of Sepulveda Boulevard)

El Segundo, CA 90245

telephone: (310) 647-9997

eatgoodstuff.com/restaurants/elsegundo-resta…

Typical breakfast and lunch place that tends towards simplier, healthier fare. Like the other Good Stuff restaurants, it's okay, but it's nothing fancy. To get there from LAX, take Sepulveda Boulevard south and turn right on Grand Avenue. It's on Grand Avenue, just past Main Street, on the right-hand side. There's an adjacent, multi-story parking structure and street parking.

The Local Yolk (4.9 miles from LAX)

3414 Highland Avenue (a few blocks south of Rosecrans Avenue)

Manhattan Beach, CA 90266

telephone: (310) 546-4407

Another beach town breakfast and lunch place. I usually get omlettes there. There's a good place next door ("Sloopy's"), but they don't serve breakfast. To get there from LAX, take Sepulveda Boulevard south and turn right on Rosecrans Avenue and then left on Highland Avenue. The restaurant is on the left-hand side of the street. There's only street parking here.

Uncle Bill's (5.5 miles from LAX)

1305 Highland Avenue (at 13th Street)

telephone: (310) 545-5177

losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/140418/

A popular place for pancakes and waffles. Very popular with locals. Usually a short wait if you arrive later than 10:00 on weekends. They have typical American breakfast items and they're open for lunch. While it's nothing special, I'd recommend this place. To get there from LAX, take Sepulveda Boulevard south and turn right on Manhattan Beach Boulevard (at this intersection, there's a Target, a Jiffy Lube, and two gas stations). Drive west down Manhattan Beach Boulevard for about a mile and turn right at Highland Avenue. These restaurants are a few blocks north on Highland Avenue. There's just metered parking here, but there's a large, underground parking facility one block east, on Morningside Drive at 13th Street.

Across the street from Uncle Bill's is:

Good Stuff, Manhattan Beach (5.5 miles from LAX)

1300 Highland Avenue (at 13th Street)

telephone: (310) 545-4775

The same menu as Good Stuff in El Segundo. This place will close in the near future.

Next to Uncle Bill's is a tiny restaurant that picks up some overflow from Uncle Bill's. I think it's called "Beach Cafe" or something. It's next to Uncle Bill's on 13th Street, which is a "walk street" (no cars).

Just a few blocks south of these three places on Highland Avenue is:

The Kettle (5.5 miles from LAX)

1138 Highland Avenue (at Manhattan Beach Bouelvard)

telephone: (310) 545-8511

…citysearch.com/profile/…the_kettle.html

It's larger than the other places and it's open twenty-four hours. Food is similar to what you get at a Denny's, I think. Don't challenge the kitchen.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

Here's a few non-hotel places, most within five miles south from LAX, from closest to farthest away:

Good Stuff, El Segundo (3.5 miles from LAX)

131 West Grand Avenue (one mile west of Sepulveda Boulevard)

El Segundo, CA 90245

telephone: (310) 647-9997

eatgoodstuff.com/restaurants/elsegundo-resta…

Typical breakfast and lunch place that tends towards simplier, healthier fare. Like the other Good Stuff restaurants, it's okay, but it's nothing fancy. To get there from LAX, take Sepulveda Boulevard south and turn right on Grand Avenue. It's on Grand Avenue, just past Main Street, on the right-hand side. There's an adjacent, multi-story parking structure and street parking.

The Local Yolk (4.9 miles from LAX)

3414 Highland Avenue (a few blocks south of Rosecrans Avenue)

telephone: (310) 546-4407

Another beach town breakfast and lunch place. I usually get omlettes there. There's a good place next door ("Sloopy's"), but they don't serve breakfast. To get there from LAX, take Sepulveda Boulevard south and turn right on Rosecrans Avenue and then left on Highland Avenue. The restaurant is on the left-hand side of the street. There's only street parking here.

Uncle Bill's (5.5 miles from LAX)

1305 Highland Avenue (at 13th Street)

telephone: (310) 545-5177

losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/140418/

A popular place for pancakes and waffles. Very popular with locals. Usually a short wait if you arrive later than 10:00 on weekends. They have typical American breakfast items and they're open for lunch. While it's nothing special, I'd recommend this place. To get there from LAX, take Sepulveda Boulevard south and turn right on Manhattan Beach Boulevard (at this intersection, there's a Target, a Jiffy Lube, and two gas stations). Drive west down Manhattan Beach Boulevard for about a mile and turn right at Highland Avenue. These restaurants are a few blocks north on Highland Avenue. There's just metered parking here, but there's a large, underground parking facility one block east, on Morningside Drive at 13th Street.

Across the street from Uncle Bill's is:

Good Stuff, Manhattan Beach (5.5 miles from LAX)

1300 Highland Avenue (at 13th Street)

telephone: (310) 545-4775

The same menu as Good Stuff in El Segundo. This place will close in the near future.

Next to Uncle Bill's is a tiny restaurant that picks up some overflow from Uncle Bill's. I think it's called "Beach Cafe" or something. It's next to Uncle Bill's on 13th Street, which is a "walk street" (no cars).

Just a few blocks south of these three places on Highland Avenue is:

The Kettle (5.5 miles from LAX)

1138 Highland Avenue (at Manhattan Beach Bouelvard)

telephone: (310) 545-8511

…citysearch.com/profile/…the_kettle.html

It's larger than the other places and it's open twenty-four hours. Food is similar to what you get at a Denny's, I think. Don't challenge the kitchen.

California
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

8.1 miles striaght down Sepulveda to Eat at Joe's 400 N Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA 90277. I think you will like this place.

manhatan beach, ca
Level Contributor
506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

I agree with Uncle Bills. I live in Manhattan Beach, and my boyfriend and I come here a variety of times for breakfast. I'd also suggest the Kettle which is open 24 hours.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

Another nice place straight down Sepulveda Blvd. in Hermosa Beach is Rocky Cola Cafe. They have a great Fitness Menu with Health conscious offerings - check em' out!

p.s.

If you go to Eat at Joes, order the John Wayne Special, it's famous througout the South Bay!

Good Luck!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

While it's nothing special, and a little bit farther away that the places I mentioned in El Segundo and Manhattan Beach (and outside of your five-mile limit), there's a "Eat at Joe's" in Hermosa Beach, which is a little bit closer than the one that others mentioned in Redondo Beach. It's at the former location of the Backburner Cafe in Hermosa Beach:

87 14th Street (at Hermosa Avenue)

Hermosa Beach, CA 90254

telephone: (310) 376-0601

This place is 6.9 miles from LAX. To get there from LAX, take Sepulveda Boulevard south for about six miles and turn right on Pier Avenue and drive about a mile to Hermosa Avenue, where you turn right and drive north for four blocks. Eat at Joe's is on the left-hand side of the street. There's metered street parking and a multi-story parking structure on Hermosa Avenue at 13th Street.

los angeles...
Level Contributor
45 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

How about a place that's just a few miles NORTH of LAX. All the ones previously mentioned are south of LAX. If your point is to have breakfast on the way to the airport from points north, a great place is Dinah's. On Sepulveda, just south of Centinela. A very popular breakfast place, always filled on weekends (with a waiting list...Not a mad crush of people, but it gets pretty busy). They're famous for their huge baked oven pancakes (apple, lemon, and some others), as well as all the other breakfasty stuff.

Turn right onto Sepulveda out of their parking lot, and you're less than ten minutes from LAX.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good restaurants near LAX for breakfast?

The Coffee Co, its located less than a mile from LAX, on the corner of La Tijera and Sepulveda Eastway, about a block east from the Ralphs. Is a great neighborhood spot with EXCELLENT food, great coffee and local flavor. Its a nice cafe, with a varitey of fare (pancakes to crepes). Try it.