We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting October 25-30

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
S. Carolina
2 posts
Save Topic
Visiting October 25-30

I am planning a vacation to LA the last week of October 05. I will be traveling alone for some much needed R&R. I will be staying with Marriott hotels and was wondering which area was best to stay in. Also, I am wondering what suggestions you may have on things to do and places to go for a 27 year old male during that week. I would love to visit the taping of a TV show or game show. Open to all suggestions, comments, do's and don'ts.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting October 25-30

http://www.la.com has information on how to get TV show tickets (click Attractions) as well as a wealthy of info on what to do while in Los Angeles, including at night.

Where you stay depends a lot on whether or not you will be renting a car. If you are relying on public transportation, it makes your decision easier. The hotel I recommend for R&R is The Merigot, as it's on the beach in Santa Monica. For sightseeing and clubbing, The Renaissance in Hollywood. Both are part of the Marriott group.

El Segundo, CA
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting October 25-30

There's a Marriott in Marina Del Rey which is another nice area.

The beaches would be nice to spend some time for R&R. Santa Monica would be worth visiting or spending your trip there. You should also check out Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach. Although Hermosa Beach is smaller than Santa Monica, it attracts the 20-30 year old crowds and it's popular during weekends.

S. Carolina
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting October 25-30

Thanks for what you have given me so far. I will be renting a car. I will have to stay at one of the Marriotts that have avaliability and the one in Torrance was the first one I looked at. Any insight on this location.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting October 25-30

Torrance is not someplace that I would recommend. You'll be in your car more often than relaxing in your room. Although it is close to LAX and the South Bay, it's a drive to everywhere else.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting October 25-30

"I will have to stay at one of the Marriotts that have avaliability and the one in Torrance was the first one I looked at. Any insight on this location."

Torrance isn't very close to many tourists attractions. It's a

safe area, and close to highways, but I'm guessing you'd be

better off somewhere else. Most of the hotels in Torrance are

there to help business travelers. Perhaps a Marriott in Santa

Monica or Hollywood would be better.

If you want to spend a lot of time at the beach areas of

Manhattan, Hermosa, or Redondo Beach, then Torrance might

be alright, but there are Marriotts in most of those towns and

they'll be closer to the beach.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting October 25-30

Another option if you want to spend time closer to the South Bay beaches like Hermosa, Manhattan Beach or Redondo, check out the Marriott Manhattan Beach.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting October 25-30

Yes, if you're looking to do some relaxing, the Manhattan Beach Marriott might be a good place for you. It's not too far from LAX and near a lot of restaurants so you're not stuck with room service. It's also only a 5 minute drive to the beach.

However, it isn't very close to t.v. tapings. Most of that takes place in Burbank or Hollywood, so depending on traffic, it could take you between half an hour to an hour (or more!)of driving.