We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

santa monica hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
santa monica hotels

After having decided to visit Santa Monica Beach for 2 of our days in California...I am looking for a modest priced hotel that will accomodate 5 people, preferrably on the beach. I have read pretty good things about Travelodge on pico St. Can anyone tell me if that is beachfront?? If not I would appreciate any suggestions of other hotels... Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Monica State Beach
Santa Monica State Beach
6,095 Reviews
Santa Monica, CA
California
California
United States
manhatan beach, ca
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: santa monica hotels

Any hotels on Ocean Ave are beachfront.

manhatan beach, ca
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: santa monica hotels

By the way the Travelodge on Pico, is not too close from the beach. You would still need a car to get there.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: santa monica hotels

Manhbch...

Thanks for your help!!!!

Encino, CA
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: santa monica hotels

Have you looked into the Santa Monica Beach Travelodge, Holiday Inn at the Pier, and Best Western Ocean View hotels? Look for reviews on these hotels from Tripadvisor.They are closer to the beach and Promenade. Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Monica State Beach
Santa Monica State Beach
6,095 Reviews
Santa Monica, CA
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: santa monica hotels

gotravel...

Thanks...I just came across the travelodge on ocean Ave...it sounds pretty decent!!! I think I am going to try that one. Thanks again!!

Encino, CA
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: santa monica hotels

Have a great time!!

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we can try our best to answer them.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: santa monica hotels

gotravel.....

O.k. after reading the comments about Travelodge on Ocean Ave. I will not be staying there.. there were so many negatives about it being a dirty place...have you ever heard of Ocean Park Inn?? It has great reviews, but it has no lobby or not many ammenities..but after all we are only looking for a decent place to land at night..and dont plan on being there much during the day. I appreciate your advice you have given me so far!!! thanks!!

Encino, CA
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: santa monica hotels

moofus,

Yeah, I did see the reviews of the Travelodge on Ocean and not very good reviews. Ocean Park Inn looks good, it's in a good location and even though it's not beachfront, it's a short distance to the beach and where all the shops and restaurants are. Santa Monica overall is a safe area, and it is popular place to live right now, so you can't go wrong! Have a great time!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Encino, CA
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: santa monica hotels

moofus,

I'd like to add, make sure you reserve the Ocean Park Inn on Lincoln Blvd, there's another one called Ocean Park Hotel in Santa Monica on another street-don't remember the name of street, and that's a totally different hotel. The Ocean Park Inn on Lincoln Blvd is closer to the beach and restaurants, and not bad of a walk.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Park Hotel
Ocean Park Hotel
194 Reviews
Santa Monica, CA
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews