We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in la

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, NI
2 posts
Save Topic
one day in la

hi

My husband and myself (mid 20's) are travelling to la for one day from san diego to see the lakers. any suggestions of what to see in one day! we will have a hire car and are into movie/tv/celebrity stuff rather than arty stuff!

thanks for suggestions...

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day in la

One day is not much time. To see many sites you would spend most of the day driving. I would recommend the Hollywood/Highland area which includes the Chinese and Kodak (Academy Awards) Theaters along with the Walk of Fame and a nice shopping center. You can also include Hollywood Bowl and Universal Studios which are only a few miles north.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,242 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one day in la

How about wandering the shops in Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive) and having a nice lunch somewhere? You really won't have much of a full day to pack in much. It all depends on what time you intend to leave San Diego - but you likely won't arrive before lunch. Or, how about wandering Venice Beach and Santa Monica and stopping for lunch at the beach?

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,003 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one day in la

You might want to consider parking your car in downtown and taking the Red Line to Hollywood & Highland. The Chinese, Egyptian and El Capitan Theaters are all fun. The Egyptian has a nice little short running during the day for tourists about Hollywood.

You might even want to consider taking Amtrak from San Diego to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles if you're only going to be staying for the day. That's a lot of driving for one day. The Red Line stops near the Staples Center (7th & Fig) or you could take the Blue Line one stop to Pico. Of course, check all the schedules to ensure the times work for you.

HTH. Enjoy your trip.