We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in february

Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
weather in february

what the weather usually like in february?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
595 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in february

Probably our rainiest month. Definitely cooler, especially near the beaches. But, compared to Boston it will feel like spring. I'd say it could be anywhere between a high of 55 and 65 and maybe lowest of 45.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,157 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in february

Unless it is an El Nino year, there will be some rain. However, it usually blows through very quickly. When the sun returns, everything is very lush and green. Evenings could be very cool.

As compared to the northeast, it will be very pleasant. My parents vacation in Santa Monica every year for a month around this time for ust this reason.

So be prepared for the possibility of rain and the certainly of wonderful sunshine.

manhatan beach, ca
Level Contributor
506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in february

There was a time in Feb where the weather went up to the 80's. I remembered picking up friends from the airport at the time and they were all in heavy coats and jackets, and people at LAX including me were wearing short sleeve shirts or tank tops.

Check weather.com for 5-10 day forecast before coming to LA. This year had a lot of rain, but past years Feb can be beautiful!