We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in LA

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
509 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in LA

We coming to Beverely Hills for 3 nights at the begining of September can anyone tell me what the weather will be like and would it be best to wear shorts when we visit Universal Studios and when we go on the City tour. Also is it best to get a taxi from the airport or a shuttle bus as we will be staying at the Crowne Plaza in Beverely Hills. We will be arriving on the 13th September in the afternoon and leaving on the 16th September in the late afternoon, how long does it take to get to and from the airport.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in LA

LAX to Century City is about 30 minutes, depending on traffic.

Look at the 5 day weather forecast when you pack because mid-September could be either very hot (what we call Indian Summer), or cooling into autumn. For instance, yesterday was in the 80s at the beach, today I awoke to fog and it's in the 60s.

Shorts are fine for the tours, as it's always warm in Universal City (about 10 degrees warmer than Beverly Hills/Century City). Pack for summer but bring a sweater and a jacket.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in LA

Los Angeles summers tend to extend into September. Days in the upper 70s/low 80s (21C-29C) will be common when you're here, cooling down in the evenings.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in LA

Los Angeles summers tend to extend into September. Days in the upper 70s/low 80s (21C-29C) will be common when you're here, cooling down in the evenings.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in LA

I'd definitely bring shorts..It's been a heat wave down here the past few days, and I believe they mentioned there's another heat wave coming down next week.. Although mornings and evenings can be cooler. But I agree with the other posts, check weather.com or Yahoo weather for 5 day forecast. Depending where you are in LA, it can be a 20-30 degree difference between the coastal areas and inland. It was 110F in the Valley, about 20 minutes where I live, compared to 80 degrees where I live.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,889 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in LA

Keep in mind that the temperature tends to rise as the day progresses. If you awaken to an overcast morning with cool temperatures, it will likely be warmer in the afternoon, especially at Universal! So, dress lighly but carry a light jacket or sweater. It's unlikely that it will turn so cold enough to make you uncomfortable in shorts unless you plan on being out late into the evening.

Regarding the taxi situation: The taxis charge a single fee for all of the passengers; the shuttle bus charges a fee PER PERSON. , If there are two or more of you, it usually pays to taxii. The shuttle services (like "Supershuttle" at supershuttle.com) are less expensive but take longer to your destination since the drivers have to drop off other passengers who might not be in the exact same direction as your hotel. Also the shuttle buses (not the taxis) are allowed to drive through the entire ariport TWICE with you onboard with the hopes of picking up more passengers. It's up to you.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
25,450 posts
5,650 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in LA

Having been in LA last week - don't carry a jacket with you.

You'll find it hot during the day, warm at night in September.

Wear those shorts! Enjoy!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in LA

Last week was a heat wave. The weather has broken and we have very cool mornings - but it does warm up in the afternoon.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,281 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in LA

It is going to be hot. Count on it.

Encino, CA
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in LA

I live in Encino which is over the hill from the westside. It will be in the 90s the next 5-10 days. LA is one of the places where I see people wearing shorts year round.

Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in LA

Mini,

What do you expect the weather will be in Mid March to Mid April?