We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX/hotel shuttle service

Chicago, Illinois
11 posts
Save Topic
LAX/hotel shuttle service

This will be my first time traveling to LA, i'm 20 so most places won't rent me a car. Does anybody know of any good shuttle services that would take me from LAX to my hotel? (staying at Sheraton in Universal City). Were only going to be there for 3 days, one of which will be spent in Universal Studios. Any ideas on some easy places to get to using MTA/how to get there? I was thinking Santa Monica would be good for a day. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,426 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX/hotel shuttle service

A few things...

Have you booked your flight yet? If not, it's much better to fly into Burbank than LAX. In addition to being smaller (less walking), it's A LOT closer to Universal than LAX is. Southwest airlines has flights (some non-stop) from Midway to Burbank for about $220 (depending on when you fly).

It's hard to tell from your posting if you are travelling alone or not. If you are, then a shuttle is the best way to go. If you have 1 or more companions, you might find a taxi to be less expensive because the shuttle charges EACH PASSENGER for the ride whereas a taxi has a fee that is not dependant on the number of passengers.

The shuttle and/or taxi ride from LAX is not a particularly pleasant one (again because Universal is pretty far from LAX). The shuttle bus will take a lot longer than the taxi for the ride since:

1. It has to drop off other passengers which may take the bus "off course"

2. The shuttles are allowed to 'roam' the airport looking for passengers after you get on.

A taxi, on the other hand is direct.

The only shuttle service that I know of is SUPERSHUTTLE. It's the biggest. They have a website at supershuttle.com. The rate to the Sheraton Universal is $16 PER PERSON from LAX or $9 PER PERSON from Burbank.

Re: places to go to....

The easiest trip is to Hollywood via the Metro (subway) which is at the bottom of the driveway that feeds into your hotel. Take the train one stop south (toward downtown) and get off at Hollywood/Highland for a look at the Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre, the Hollywood/Highland complex (shopping, restaurants), batman and other "celebrities" posing for pictures on the sidewalk, the Hollywood walk of fame, etc, etc.

Santa Monica is a LOOOONG bus ride from Universal. You might ask the concierge for advice about getting to a closer beach or go to MTA.NET (this is the website for the L.A. metro system of subway trains and buses).

Good luck!

Chicago, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX/hotel shuttle service

thanks for all the helpful info. Unfortunately my friend has already booked the tickets to fly into lax. It sounds like splitting a cab would make the most sense.

Also thanks for all the info on how to get to Hollywood that was definately one of the places on my list to go plus it sounds extremely easy to get to.

If anybody has any recomendations on a nice/easy beach to get to from sheraton universal I would really appreciate it.