We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive or not drive? PLS HELP!

HK
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Drive or not drive? PLS HELP!

I am going to LA for about a week in Dec, since I am living in Asia and here we do not have a car. My last time driving was in Thailand 2 years agao and in New Zealand 4 years ago.

Do you think it is ok for me to drive as I am quite afraid of drving on an opposite side as in Asia.

oh, I wanted to see Hollywood, Beverly hills, Six flags, downtown, some shopping outlets, may be Santa Monica (however don't know if its worth to go b/c it will be in winter, not for swim..) Then, lastly I wanted to spend 3 days at Big Bear lake. Do you think this itenery ok if totally in 10 days?

Pls kindly suggest.

Universal CityWalk Hollywood
Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Olvera Street
Historic Walking Areas, Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
HK
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Drive or not drive? PLS HELP!

I 'll be staying at USA hostel in Hollywood, do you think its location is good?

hollywood
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Drive or not drive? PLS HELP!

sasa,

that area can be a little sketchy at night. and you will see your share of homeless people.

i know nothing of the hostel itself, it might be the best one ever. i just know the area is a little gritty.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Drive or not drive? PLS HELP!

"I 'll be staying at USA hostel in Hollywood, do you think its location is good?"

I've never stayed in a hostel, but I do know that hostels in the United States are not as nice as the hostels in Europe.

hollywood
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Drive or not drive? PLS HELP!

i just walked by the hostel, actually. i still say it's a gritty area at night, but i don't know if i would call it unsafe. it's near an elementary school, and the hostel was very busy with people out in the yard.

HK
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Drive or not drive? PLS HELP!

So do you think Banana Bungalow can be better?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Drive or not drive? PLS HELP!

I just looked at the Banana Bungalow web site, and it actually looks pretty cool and the price is so reasonable. It's on Melrose, which is a pretty hip and busy neighborhood.