We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP Please! Nice Restaurant in Redondo Beach area?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bel air, md
1 post
Save Topic
HELP Please! Nice Restaurant in Redondo Beach area?

We are flying into SD tommorow morning and coming up to LA (staying at Residence Inn Torrance) for a few days. Tommorow is our anniversary, and we were looking to go out to dinner at a nice but reasonably priced restaurant.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks, Andrea

San Jose Area, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP Please! Nice Restaurant in Redondo Beach area?

My husband and I enjoy "Back Home in Lahaina", a Hawaiian restaurant located in Manhattan Beach, though they do have a branch in Carson. You can view their menu at http://www.backhomeinlahaina.com/menu.htm . Excellent food and service. Manager is very nice and very helpful the one time we did have a problem!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP Please! Nice Restaurant in Redondo Beach area?

Kincaids on the Redondo Beach Pier is always a good bet.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,236 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP Please! Nice Restaurant in Redondo Beach area?

Tony's on the Pier on Redondo Beach Pier is also a winner. There are actually two of them on the Pier (same management, I recommend the one on the south side of the Pier -- as you walk out onto the pier, it's on the left). Great fish, dimly lit, comforable bankette seating, and views of the ocean. They have a bar in the restaurant if you need to wait for a table or you can stroll the pier or have a drink in the Mexican restaurant next door and upstairs.

Congratulations.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
927 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP Please! Nice Restaurant in Redondo Beach area?

If you have to stay in Redondo Beach then I vote for Kincaid's or Bluewater Grill. You can see the water and its romantic.

If you have a car there are lots of cool places in Manhattan Beach by the Pier area ... Beaches, Towne, Michi's (best martini's there) Afterwards you can walk around MB, its just a cute area. And lots of small bars to stop in for a drink :)

If you want to do a early dinner and drive around Palos Verdes, its a beautiful area. Lots of nice homes and you can drive along the cliffs and it's an amazing view! Admiral Risty's is up there. It's an older crowd usually but the views are great.

I guess it all depends what kind of vibe you want.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP Please! Nice Restaurant in Redondo Beach area?

Kincaid's is located on the Redondo Beach pier, with views of the ocean from most parts of the restaurant. For that immediate, specific area (the pier itself), it's probably the best place to eat, I think. The 2004 Zagat guide gave the food a 22 out of 30. The food cost (dinner, drink, and tip) is $39.00 per person.

Here's the information:

Kincaid's

Redondo Beach Pier, 500 Fisherman's Wharf (at Torrance Boulevard)

telephone: (310) 318-6080.

While the view here is good, I like the food at these places in Redondo Beach a little better:

Gina Lee's Bistro (California-Asian)

Riviera Plaza, 211 Palos Verdes Boulevard (between Catalina Avenue and PCH)

telephone: (31) 375-4462

The 2004 Zagat guide gave the food a 27 out of 30. Food cost is $32.00.

Zazou (Mediterranean)

1810 South Catalina Avenue (between Avenue I and Vista del Mar)

telephone: (310) 540-4884

2004 Zagat food rating is 23 out of 30. Food cost is $36.00.

Chez Malange ("Cal-French-Asian")

Palos Verdes Inn, 1716 PCH (between Palos Verdes Blvd. and Prospect Ave.)

telephone: (310) 540-1222.

The 2004 Zagat guide gives the food a 26 and the food cost is $35.00.