We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between LAX and Union rail station?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
136 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Distance between LAX and Union rail station?

How long and how costly is a taxi from LAX to Union rail station early on a Saturday morning (e.g. 7:30 am)?

Maybe I'll take a train to Disneyland,stay overnight and then get a ride back to LA from family instead of renting a car.

USA
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between LAX and Union rail station?

A taxi may cost around $40 and probably takes 20-30 minutes. There shouldn't be much traffic on a Saturday morning.

I would recommend the FlyAway bus which is just $4 and runs from LAX direct to Union station. You catch the bus outside the arrivals level on the middle island where they also pick up for shuttles, rental cars, etc. Just be sure to take the FlyAway for Union Station (there are also ones to Van Nuys, Westwood). It usually runs every 20 minutes, though I'm not sure if service is less frequent on Sat. morning.

I've also seen a bus to Disneyland. Never taken it but I'm sure you can find more info online or the LAX website.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,523 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between LAX and Union rail station?

The Union Station Flyaway Bus runs once every 30 minutes and takes about 30 minutes to reach downtown once it finishes picking up passengers at the 9 terminals at the airport. Pick up the Flyaway under the GREEN overhead signs hanging over the 'traffic islands' in the road way as you exit the terminal. Here is a map showing the terminals and the color-code overhead signs that are hanging over the traffic islands. (Be sure to stand under the GREEN sign which says "Flyaway Buses and Long Distance Vans".

http://www.lawa.org/lax/images/GT_mapF.gif

(Note: On the map, the narrow gray bars are the terminals (look closely for the terminal numbers) and the colored circles are the colored overhead signs.

A taxi into downtown has a flat rate fare of $46.50 (plus tip). Without traffic, the trip should take about 30 minutes.

If you plan to go directly to Disneyland, then there is no need to transfer to Union Station. Simply take the Disneyland Express Bus from LAX to DL. Info is here:

http://graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.cfm

The bus picks up under the same Green overhead sign as the Flyaway bus. The bus' first stop is at the Disneyland hotels since the main purpose of the bus is to drop off guests at these hotels. You would need to walk a short distance from one of the hotels to the DL main gates. (Inquire when you get on the bus).

3. Re: Distance between LAX and Union rail station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 05, 2009