We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anaheim to Mexico City

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
M T
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anaheim to Mexico City

Family of 3 need to get from Anaheim to Mexico City.

What are best options?

Train / Fly / Cruise?

If flying, can you depart from any closer airports other than LAX International?

Any good ideas not too expensive are appreciated.

I have no idea around USA.

Cheers from OZ.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
927 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anaheim to Mexico City

There is an airport in Orange County ... John Wayne Airport (SNA) It's about 20-25 minutes from Anaheim.

There are some cruises that leave out of Long Beach ... but they usually take you to Ensenada, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas ... but you don't spend much time in the cities, its more about spending time on the boat and then stopping off in the cities.

Not sure what you want to do in Mexico City?

Anaheim, CA
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anaheim to Mexico City

I'm quite curious as to why you're going to Mexico City. You could go there, but it's certainly not the first choice (or even the top 10) for a tourist area. It is a very large (and polluted) city. Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Acapulco, and Ixtapa are certainly better choices for a vacation.

That aside, you're only viable option is to fly. I'd suggest flying from LAX as you have many more choices and can get a non-stop flight. You can fly on United, Delta, Alaska, American, Mexicana, or AeroMexico non-stop from LAX. If you fly out of John Wayne (Orange County), you'll need at least one stop-over. Look at Mexicana's websites for "Mex-E-Savers." It looks like you can fly RT for $259 plus tax.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anaheim to Mexico City

Great advice CR-about the flights!

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anaheim to Mexico City

Taking trains from Anaheim to Mexico City would be torture.

You can no more take a cruise to Mexico City than you can take one to Ayer's Rock.

Flying is it. You can fly out of Orange County to Mexico City, but you'll have to change planes in Dallas and you'll pay a premium price.

May I suggest you buy a map of North America to help you plan your trip?

Los Angeles
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anaheim to Mexico City

Fly from Lax as for Mexico City being polluted, big, dirty and crowded yes I'll have to agree but I can guarentee you that it is still worth going. It is a city full of beauty and culture that never sleeps and remember that especially if you are visiting the pyramids at teotiahuacan which are a must. So would I live in Mexico City... NO but I would go and visit it again.... in a heartbeat.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anaheim to Mexico City

You could take the train from Anaheim to San Diego. Then fly from San Diego to Mexico City.

There is also an airport near Anaheim, John Wayne Airport. You could check that for flights to Mexico City.