We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrating 30th birthday in LA July 29 weekend...

Birmingham
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Celebrating 30th birthday in LA July 29 weekend...

My girlfriend and I are coming LA to celebrate turning 30.

We want definitely want to SEE and BE SEEN.

Looking for suggestions for Hip and Hot Restaurants and then afterwards Clubs for dancing!

A few ideas so far....

Koi, Mr.Chow, Blowfish Sushi, II Sole

RokBar,SpiderClub, XES, Mood

Would love to hear from you!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrating 30th birthday in LA July 29 weekend...

If you're looking to be with the IN-Crowd, I suggest Geisha House, Chi and Table 8. Mr. Chow and Koi are great choices, but I'd skip Blowfish and Il Sole.

For dancng, I would certainly try Mood and SpiderClub, along with Concorde, Element and Prey. DJ AM is opening up LAX in Hollywood at the end of the month. And Tropicana (Hotel Roosevelt) is a good lounge type bar and a new hot spot.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrating 30th birthday in LA July 29 weekend...

Thanks Dewtrell

I loved Table 8, I went there last summer and also to Koi?

Anything else besides Geisha?

And do you know hot to get your name on a list for Spider?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrating 30th birthday in LA July 29 weekend...

You can't get your name on a list for Spider Club. You either have to be a good looking chick (I'm a girl, I call all women chicks...LOL), know the doorman, or be with a member who has the coveted Spider Club card. We got in because an acquaintence has a membership card. It's the hardest club to get into to, so make sure you have other clubs listed as a backup plan.

Geisha House is really good... I can't recommend it highly enough but have you tried Asia de Cuba? It's in the Mondrian and has been around for a while but the food and scene are great. Falcon is also another cool place on Sunset. The place is so comfy, like a living room, hot food and peeps.