We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced, good location hotels in Santa Monica

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
186 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced, good location hotels in Santa Monica

Hi there

Am meeting friends in Santa Monica & am looking for a nice hotel ($100 to $200 per night range) that is centrally located with a pool. None of us will have a car so location is key.

Also, can somebody advise me best way to get to Santa Monica from LAX and how long this will take.

Thanks

toronto
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced, good location hotels in Santa Monica

go through hotwire and select the santa monica zone, with your budget you will get a very good hotel.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced, good location hotels in Santa Monica

Hotwire and Priceline are probably your best bets to find a hotel with a pool in your price range in Santa Monica.

If you are on a budget and don't have too much luggage, you can take the Santa Monica Blue Bus #3 from LAX and you will be in the center of Santa Monica in about 45 minutes. Cost: 75 cents.

However, if you arrive from Tokyo, you might want to take one of the shuttle vans which will cost $ 20 to $ 25.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced, good location hotels in Santa Monica

we took a cab last year and the drive from/to lax was about 20 minutes. I think we paid about $40 each way. If you are tired from your flight, better take the cab. The bus is inconvenient and might take 45-60 minutes.

Oh, and you can do well without a car in Santa Monica. But if you want to see other L.A. attractions or themeparks you will need a car.

For the hotel, try priceline and bid for a 3- or 4-star hotel. You will also get other hotels for your budget of $200 a night. But if it works, priceline would be the better value. I you're lucky you get a 3 or 4 star hotel in santa monica for $70 (up to $100) a night.