We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Union Station

australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Union Station

We are thinking of catching the train from San Francisco to Los Angeles. The only problem is it arrives at 9.00pm in the evening at Union Station . Is this a safe area to be trying to get a taxi. How far is Union Station to Beverley Hills.

Thanks Heaps

uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Union Station

Can't help with the distance but I can tell you that every time I went to Union Station there were queues of cabs parked outside. There is also a helpful information desk inside the very grand main concourse so I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems on that score.

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Union Station

Hopefully, your train will be on time as Amtrak has a reputation for being late. I would call the hotel prior to leaving SF (probably has a toll-free number) confirming and informing them of your late arrival.

The area around Union Station is safe, and there will waiting taxis. In recent years, they have cleaned up the area, and expanded bus and Metro rail service. It's quite an historic area.

The distance from Union Station is about 12-13 miles, and probably will take about 1/2 hour.

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Union Station

Union Station is safe. There's a variety of taxi cabs waiting outside Union Station. This is the connection to the Gold Line from the Redline when my husband takes the train from his office in downtown LA. It's safe, and he leaves the office late at night sometimes.

los angeles
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Union Station

Distance 10-12 miles

and 20-30 min away--depends where you'll be in BH

all is ok in BH don't worry ;)