We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis at Hollywood Bowl Urgent Advice needed

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north yorks england
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Oasis at Hollywood Bowl Urgent Advice needed

Does any one out there know the Hollywood Bowl seating arrangements and sound system .I am visiting LA in September and have a chance to see Oasis Live the tickets are in section Q1 third level bench behind Boxes !!

As any one out there seen a concert at this venue and will i get a good view stroke sound from so far back in the bowl ..

Any help appreciated so i can decide whether or not to book the tickets..

Cheers from England.

Ps how does one get to the bowl from the Renaissance Hollywood hotel and back..Thank you

anaheim,ca
9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Oasis at Hollywood Bowl Urgent Advice needed

Mere, Thanks again, I think we will do the park and ride thing. I also really like the idea of not having to prepare something for the four of us(I do catering and am always in the kitchen).

I'm sure others will benifit from your advise.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Oasis at Hollywood Bowl Urgent Advice needed

Hello davei

The Hollywood Bowl has been completely remodeled. It has a new shell new bounce backpaded walls. The sounds is amazing. They also have 4 huge tv screens. If you have tickets for section D you should get them. This is the section they usually give employees who work at the bowl. The walk from the renaissance to the bowl should take 5 minutes. If you have any other questions let me know. i have been working at the bowl for over ten years.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Oasis at Hollywood Bowl Urgent Advice needed

Gsrmode, is the sound amazing for an orchestra or for a rock band?

They have quite different requirements, and it's hard for me to believe the optimized the Bowl for rock 'n' roll...not that I really think they could. Bottom line--outdoors doesn't rock.

north yorks england
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Oasis at Hollywood Bowl Urgent Advice needed

Gsrmode the tickets available are as follows ..

Section U2 Row 3 third level bench behind boxes..

$38.00 plus $10.00..

Or....

Section D Row 7 House right seating.. Warning obstructive view seating!!

$49.50 plus$10.00..

What do you think my friend Section D looks closer but obstructive view?

and row U looks far back!1 please help ..

cheers dave..

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Oasis at Hollywood Bowl Urgent Advice needed

davei,

Just checked Section D row 7 the whole row is good unless you have seats 40 and up. you will only be able to see half of the stage but these seats are much better then section U2. Section U2 is on level 4 not behind the box seats.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Oasis at Hollywood Bowl Urgent Advice needed

FromTheBu,

In my opinion the bowl might have best outdoor sound in South Cali. They have incorporated the shell with the speakers so they could shoot out the best sound possible.

One of the biggest reasons the county/bowl got the state of the art shell was for the sound and size. I personally like indoors as well but you can't beat open air in the Hollywood hills in the summer.