We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to LA, 2 Days, Need help please!

London
5 posts
Save Topic
Trip to LA, 2 Days, Need help please!

We (my boyfriend and I, both 29yrs) are coming to LA for 2 days at the end of August. We arrive from London at 2pm on the Friday and we are going to leave LA after lunch on the Sunday. We were planning on staying at the Hollywood Renaissance as I have read good reviews on Trip Advisor and many people say this is a good location if you don't have much time in LA.

Neither of us have been to LA before and unfortunately we can't stay longer.

I know that there is a lot to see, but I also know that the traffic is quite bad and therefore it takes time to get from place to place. In this limited amount of time, could you please recommend what would be a good itinerary for us?

I would like to see Walk of Fame, perhaps a tour of star homes (though I'm not that star struck and I don't want to get ripped off!), Santa Monica beach, Venice Beach, Rodeo Drive....

I know that this post is quite vague so sorry for that, I just feel a bit overwhelmed!

Thank you for your help in advance.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,726 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to LA, 2 Days, Need help please!

If you're staying at the Renaissance, then you won't need to worry about traffic to Walk of Fame, you walk out of your hotel and on to it, as well as most Hollywood sites. And you can do this on your first afternoon. But, with so little time I suggest skipping the Tour of Stars Homes as it's a big waste of time, you'll only see hedges, not homes.

Santa Monica and Venice beach - just drive over Saturday morning about 10 or 11 and you'll skip traffic. Park, and rent bikes to ride the boardwalk and see the area. Or, park, and walk the Pier and Promenade, take the Tide Shuttle (you'll see it at the Promenade and the Pier) to Venice and walk Main Street and Abbot Kinney, eat lunch.

Traffic will be fine going back to Hollywood - take PCH to Sunset Blvd and drive that the whole way and it will be like your very own Star Homes tour. I recommend eating on PCH, at the beach, first, catch the sunset, and then drive back to Hollywood.

You can visit Rodeo Drive on Friday afternoon, before or after you visit Walk of Fame, or Sunday morning, or Saturday morning on your way to the beach.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,255 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to LA, 2 Days, Need help please!

Also if you are used to traffic in London, you might find our traffic a breeze,lol.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,518 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to LA, 2 Days, Need help please!

See our FAQs section at the top of the TOPIC LIST. In it, there is a topic called "itinerary ideas" which gives you recommendations for 3 days in L.A. -- with or without a car.

Have fun!

4. Re: Trip to LA, 2 Days, Need help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 05, 2009